12. Uncle's First Nightmare

“Welcome to the Nightmare System. Congratulations, host, you’ve unlocked the next level, now you are able to fabricate multiple emotions.”

Qi Le An was surprised to hear that, he was overjoyed that he had entered the next level already. He walked to the desk in the corner with great ease.

Qi Le An didn’t have a particular complicated family background or anything, his grandfather was a hard-working peasant with two sons, Qi Le An’s uncle and father, and Qi Le An’s grandmother passed away not long after his father was born. So his grandfather doted on his father even more than before, and he worked hard to support his father to get the best education within his ability.

Qi Le An’s father didn’t let his family down, he studied hard and he was selected into a gifted program when he was fifteen with a full scholarship, and he became a scientist after he graduated from university. Qi Le An was still young when his father passed away, but he did remember his father was a highly respected scientist.

Not only had Qi Le An’s father changed his own fate with knowledge and education, he had also changed his whole family’s fate, he had settled his father Qi Xiao Guo and his elder brother Qi Dazhu in the city as well. Everyone treated him with respect like he were the elder brother in the family.

Uncle feared this little brother, he was always meek and subservient in this little brother’s presence because all his monkey businesses couldn’t escape his little brother’s notice. Instead of Qi Le An’s grandfather who always scolded and beat him up, Uncle feared his little brother who was always so gentle and refined in manner the most.

Qi Le An smiled as he thought of that, ‘A good conscience is a soft pillow, but what pillow would someone like Uncle doesn’t have a good conscience sleep on... ...’

He started to fabricate Uncle’s nightmare write swiftly, and he thanked his father in his heart for having such great material.

This was the first time that Uncle spent a night at a nice hotel room, the mattress, the pillows, even the bed sheets, everything was so soft and velvety. He kept reminding himself that he should keep deposit that Qi Le An paid for him to himself the next day.

Uncle turned on the TV and started to eat sunflower seeds and smoking his cheap cigarettes. He sat on the sofa with an ankle on the knee, he beamed with smile and thought about how he would brag this to his friends.

Uncle yawned as the night grew late, he walked the the bed and fell asleep. Somehow in his sleep, he felt he wasn’t alone in the room, he opened his eyes only to find there was somebody who was staring at him by the bed.

Uncle woke suddenly with a start, there indeed was someone by the bed, to be accurate he had no idea whether that was someone or something... ...

It was Qi Le An’s late father, Uncle’s little brother Qi Xiao Guo, there were still blood stains on Qi Xiao Guo’s face, then he flashed a ghastly smile at Uncle, “Dazhu, my brother... ...”

That had scared the pants off Qi Dazhu, then he peed himself in bed... ...

“Dazhu... ...”

Qi Dazhu cringed in terror as he heard his brother’s calling, “What do you want? I didn’t kill you, plus I’ve burned more than enough joss paper for you, why are you here?”

Qi Xiao Guo smiled again, “My Little An, poor Little An... ...”

With that Qi Dazhu floated right in front of Qi Dazhu, they were merely an inch away from each other, Qi Dazhu screamed and leaned back. Qi Dazhu didn’t hit the wall, he hit something ice cold. He turned around to see what was going on, it was Qi Le An’s late mother, who died together with Qi Le An’s father in a plane crash.