182. The Auction

Amco returned to the lounge and noticed the change in Qi Le’an’s expression. He was stunned and then asked, “What’s wrong?”

Qi Le’an shook his head and smiled indifferently, “Nothing. I just saw someone I don’t like.”

Amco immediately came to his senses and asked, “That Asian man we met just now? Do you know each other?”

Qi Le’an answered with a complicated expression, “Yeah, more than that…” Then he laughed with self-mockery and said, “I’d better not mention him.”

Amco didn’t ask further then. The two of them talked about some trivial matters, but Qi Le’an was not in the mood.

‘Li Zheyu, you finally come here after such a long time!’

‘Do you want to fawn on Amco so that you could act in his movie? That’s only your wishful thinking!’

‘No way! You have hurt me that gravely back then. Never would I let you have your way this time!’

Qi Le’an thought of a few ways to ruin Li Zheyu’s reputation. He felt so disgusted by Li Zheyu beyond words. He hated Chu Chengyuan a long time ago, but now he was only completely disgusted by Li Zheyu.

“An…” Amco looked at Qi Le’an worriedly, “Are you okay? You don’t look well at all.”

Qi Le’an came to his senses amidst Amco’s asking. Seeing Amco’s worried eyes, he hastened to say, “I’m fine! I’ve just…recalled some bad memories.”

He smiled at Amco and said, “It’s not a big deal. It’s about time. Let’s go!”

Amco nodded and stood up, “Let’s go.”

The two of them walked out of the lounge backstage. The media in the banquet hall were already seated. When they saw Qi Le’an and Amco walk out from backstage together, they just kept taking photos.

Amco was right. Qi Le’an became the most unexpected dark horse at the party that day. Murmurs about him could be heard anywhere.

“Alright, go over there now!” Amco winked at Qi Le’an with his green eyes and teased, “Otherwise, Damien would come here to take you away.”

Qi Le’an couldn’t help laughing. Seeing that Emma was already seated in the distance, he excused himself and walked towards Damien.

Damien looked aloof, who only nodded slightly at Qi Le’an. It seemed that the director would rather stay alone in the studio to sort out the material than attend such a party.

Yet, Emma whispered, “And, I can’t believe that you are an acquaintance of Amco!”

Qi Le’an also whispered, “I haven’t known him for long. His nephew and I are friends!”

Emma took a tumble and said, “Oh right, I saw another friend of yours just now!”

Without thinking much, Qi Le’an knew who Emma was talking about. He looked down slightly to conceal his emotion in his eyes, saying, “I’m not familiar with him… Do you know who is Reyn?”

Li Zheyu couldn’t venture to get into Hollywood alone. Whoever was with him couldn’t be ignored!

“Oh, you mean Reyn?” Emma grinned and said, “He is a businessman. He does a lot of business with China.”

Qi Le’an thought about it and figured what kind of person he was.

The Hollywood film and television production companies were under the control of several big consortiums of upper society. This dazzling world under the spotlight was undoubtedly supported by these consortiums while creating tons of wealth.