77. Saying Goodbye

Most of the time, Qi Le An was calm, strong, and smart. But sometimes he just couldn’t put on a brave face when he was with Wei Chang Feng.

It was as if the softest part in his heart was revealed when he was with Wei Chang Feng.

Wei Chang Feng didn’t talk about Chu Cheng Yuan, he just took Qi Le An to a restaurant for an early dinner. It was just 5 o’clock and they were both feeling a bit peckish.

Wei Chang Feng was a foodie, he knew all the good restaurants in City B. He took Qi Le An to a creative private kitchen in a Hutong. (T/N: Hutongs, a type of narrow alleys or street, is very typical and unique in Beijing Wei Chang Feng and the owner of the kitchen were very familiar with each other, so the waitress walked them to a private room directly.

The restaurant featured Old Beijing-style hot pot. The lamb was cut as thin as paper, you just put the meat in the pot for two or three seconds and enjoyed it.

Qi Le An had completely forgotten the episode that happened just now thanks to food.

“The meat is transported directly from the suburbs. It has not been frozen that’s why it’s so yummy,” Wei Chang Feng said to Qi Le An, “Do you like it?”

Qi Le An nodded with bright eyes. The Old Beijing style hot pot was different from Chongqing style hotpot, it was less spicy, but you got to enjoy the original flavor of the food even more.

“When are you going back to Hai City, An?” Wei Chang Feng asked.

“I’m going to see an advertising agency tomorrow. I’m probably going to leave after that appointment. I haven’t written my homework yet,” Qi Le An said honestly.

Wei Chang Feng put the cooked vegetables on Qi Le An’s plate and said, “Eat more veggies.”

Qi Le An covered the veggies with sesame sauce and asked, “Have you been busy recently, Wei Sama?”

“I’ll accompany my family to New Zealand tomorrow morning,” Wei Chang Feng put his chopsticks down and said to Qi Le An, “My parents usually reside in New Zealand. They want me to go over there to recuperate a bit more. My professor is there recently, so I’ll go over and stay for a while.”

Qi Le An’s chopsticks dropped on the plate on hearing that.

‘Wei Sama is leaving tomorrow morning? Going abroad? For how long?’

Wei Chang Feng sighed and said, “I might not be back until summer.”

Qi Le An couldn’t eat anymore.

He could often call Wei Chang Feng and occasionally find an excuse to fly to City B to meet him when they were in the same country. But if Wei Chang Feng went overseas, it would be difficult to even talk on the phone.

“Come visit me during the summer vacation,” perhaps seeing that Qi Le An was in a low mood, Wei Chang Feng suggested, “There are not many Chinese people there. Well, you can be free there.”

Qi Le An’s heart fell. He was very happy when he heard Wei Chang Feng inviting him to visit, so he forced a smile and said, “Well, I definitely will visit you and be a freeloader for a summer!”

Wei Chang Feng smiled and said, “My mother has a farm over there. You can play with the animals.”

Qi Le An, “! !!”

‘A farm! That’s the dream life!’

Wei Chang Feng always could make people happy. He told Qi Le An a lot of interesting things on the farm, which made Qi Le An want to fly to New Zealand right away!