196. Meeting

Qi Le’an showed Deng Jie around Tisch randomly. Unexpectedly, they encountered an acquaintance shortly.

“An!” Amco shouted from a distance, “Why are you at school?”

The green-eyed man walked to Qi Le’an and then saw someone was standing beside him.

“Oh… What an enchanting lady!” A glint of surprise flashed across Amco’s eyes, “Are you the friend of An coming from afar?”

Deng Jie was a senior executive of Coolrunning. Surely, she had studied abroad before. Yet, she couldn’t be bothered to respond Amco and directly pretended that she couldn’t understand what he had said.

Seeing that Deng Jie just didn’t respond to him, Amco thought that she couldn’t understand English so he tried his best to speak in Chinese, “Ni Hao (Hello), Wo Jiao Ai Mo Ke (My name is Amco)!”

Deng Jie couldn’t keep pretending ignorance now. Hence, she replied in Chinese, “Ni Hao (Hello), Wo Jiao Deng Jie (I’m Deng Jie).”

“Then let me call you Joy!” Amco gave Deng Jie an English name randomly and asked Qi Le’an in English, “Is she the person who brought you Latiao?”

Qi Le’an was speechless. He wanted to burst out laughing!

However, Qi Le’an still introduced Amco to Deng Jie in Chinese, “This is Director Amco. Well…He is very awesome, a famous director in Hollywood.”

Deng Jie’s brain was like a central processing device. She asked, “The one whose oil painting was bought by Li Zheyu?”

Qi Le’an was surprised that Deng Jie should know about that. He nodded and said, “It’s him.”

Deng Jie finally took a look at Amco.

Amco was scratching his head aside, asking, “What are you talking about? This lady is so fascinating! You must introduce her to me!”

Qi Le’an glanced at Deng Jie and said, “She said that your painting was pretty.”

Amco was confused, “My painting?”

Qi Le’an smiled and said nothing.

After knowing that Qi Le’an was showing Deng Jie around Tisch, Amco volunteered to be the tour guide. Without caring about whether she could understand or not, he introduced to her the history of the college and particularly the textbooks he compiled. He acted as if he was the best in the world.

While introducing, he also asked Qi Le’an about Deng Jie and kept saying that she was such an amazing woman.

Deng Jie finally found the man intriguing. After touring around the college, she said in an authentic English accent, “Thank you for your effort. My English name is Nancy, not Joy.”

Amco was lost for words.

Amco, who was dumbstruck, shouted to Qi Le’an, “She can speak English! Oh my God! And she speaks so well! And it sounds so natural!”

Qi Le’an finally broke into laughter.

After touring around Tisch, Qi Le’an sent Deng Jie to the hotel where the staff of Coolrunning stayed. On the way home, he received a message from Amco, ” An! Please give me the contact number of Nancy. If you agree to my request, I’d like to make you the male lead of every movie I’ll direct.”

Qi Le’an simmered with laughter and then asked for Deng Jie’s approval. Maybe Deng Jie was bored, so she was fine with letting Amco have her contact number.

Hence, Qi Le’an sent Deng Jie’s contact number to Amco. After a week, he was surprised to find that the director of his commercial had become Amco!