16. Small World

Mr. Li spoke highly of Qi Le An as they walked to the backstage, he didn’t even spare Yan Lang a look until they met the organizer.

“Good job, both of you!” the organized smiled, “So great!”

“That’s so kind of you, Mr. Wang, they are still pretty green.” replied Mr. Li promptly.

Mr. Wang laughed and looked at Yan Lang, “Lang, how’s your father? Say hi for me.”

Mr. Li was dumbstruck for a second, he had no idea that Yan Lang’s family had connections with this Mr. Wang. Qi Le An was taken aback as well, he was worried that this episode wasn’t going to affect Yan Lang at all considering that Mr. Wang knew him personally.

Yan Lang’s face lightened up as Mr. Wang talked to him, “Uncle Wang, my father has been well, thank you for asking.”

Mr. Wang’s assistant whispered something at Mr. Wang’s ear, then Mr. Wang nodded with satisfaction, “Lang, and Mr. Li, please join me for lunch.”

Mr. Li’s eyes sparkled on hearing that, it was quite flattering that the big boss himself invited them to lunch, he was more than willing to go. Yan Lang chimed in, “Uncle Wang, my friend Qi Le An here isn’t available, I’m afraid we can’t make it.”

Qi Le An was surprised that Yan Lang was going to lie blatantly in front of everyone to get back at him. But Mr. Wang appreciated what Yan Lang did for his friend, “That’s easy, you and Mr. Li can join me and we can invite your friend next time when he is available, you are still as caring as when you were a little boy!”

Mr. Li squinted his eyes, ‘it looks like they have known each other for a long time.’

Mr. Li shot Qi Le An a warning look, Qi Le An took the hint and said, “Yan Lang, please don’t do this just for me, don’t worry, I can take care of myself.”

Hearing that, Yan Lang nodded and beamed with smiles.

Mr. Wang asked them to wait for him for a few minutes as he needed to do a speech on stage.

Mr. Li showed a fawning smile as he talked to Yan Lang, “Lang, you know this Mr. Wang? How come you haven’t mentioned a thing earlier?”

Yan Lang just smiled like it were no big deal, he cast Qi Le An a glimpse and said, “Uncle Wang is one of my father’s good friends, I have known him since I was a little boy.”

Mr. Li nodded, he knew how wealthy and well-connected this Mr. Wang was, he was kill for the opportunity to get to know Mr. Wang and leave an impression on him. He soon raised his head and asked Qi Le An to go back to hotel first, “An, just get some rest, our flight is later tonight.”

Qi Le An found it amusing, the way Mr. Li changed his attitude towards Yan Lang as soon as he found Yan Lang useful was ridiculous, but he just nodded and left them alone.

Mr. Li was satisfied with Qi Le An’s attitude, he approved a boy who knew when to get of out his way. Qi Le An said goodbye to them and left the backstage in a good mood.

However, someone tapped him on the shoulder as he just walked out of the gate, “Qi Le An!”

Qi Le An turned around, the guy looked familiar, then it dawned on him, that was Wei Chang Feng’s assistant Gary!

“Ha, Wei Chang Feng is waiting for you, come with me! I have been waiting for you right here since I saw you walking off the stage, it’s all right they are taking you to lunch, come with me!” obviously Gary had heard what Yan Lang and Mr. Wang just said to Qi Le An.

Qi Le An was totally dumbstruck, ‘What’s going on? Wei Chang Feng? He is here? He is waiting for ME?’

“Ha, what? Are you going to turn Wei Chang Feng down?” Gary chuckled as he saw Qi Le An’s reaction.