189. His Sister Came To His Rescue

After Wei Changfeng spoke, a silence fell upon the living room.

Even though Wei Papa had weathered great storms, he was shocked speechless by his son’s honesty. The veins on his forehead bulged. Just as he was about to lose his anger, he heard a big noise from the kitchen. Following that, Qi Le’an let out a surprised scream, “Mrs. Wei! Wei Sama, come quickly!”

Qi Le’an’s throat had not been recovered, and it was worsened by the scream. His voice was unpleasantly hoarse.

The two men in the living room didn’t notice that. Wei Changfeng turned pale and ran to the kitchen, followed by Wei Papa.

When they entered the kitchen, they saw Qi Le’an holding Wei Mama, who closed her eyes with trembling hands.

“Mom!” Wei Changfeng took her from Qi Le’an’s arms and said, “Mom, what’s wrong?”

Wei Mama waved her hands, opened her eyes and looked at Wei Changfeng, and closed her eyes again.

Wei Papa rushed in and asked, “What happened?”

When Wei Mama heard her husband’s voice, she broke away from Wei Changfeng. Wei Papa went up to support her, and the four of them walked towards the living room.

After Wei Mama sat down on the sofa, Wei Changfeng handed her a glass of water, but she didn’t take it.

Wei Papa whispered, “How do you feel? Shall I call the doctor over?”

She waved her hands and said, “No, I’m fine. Bring me the medicine.”

The calm look on Wei Changfeng’s face was replaced by anxiety. He said, “Why do you need to take the medicine? What’s wrong, Mom?”

Wei Papa glared at him and said sternly, “Your mother has hypertension. She worries about all of you.”

Wei Mama stopped him, “Hey! What are you talking about?”

“Where is the medicine?” Wei Changfeng said, “I’ll go get it.”

Wei Papa told him it was in the cabinet under the TV, and Wei Changfeng quickly went to take it.

Qi Le’an stood aside at a loss, feeling regretful. He had not expected Wei Mama to pass out before he said anything.

After Wei Mama took the medicine, she felt better. Wei Papa held her hand and whispered something to her. Wei Changfeng stood stiffly on the side, and Qi Le’an had to stand with him.

After what seemed like a long time, Wei Mama got better and looked up at them. “Why are you standing there? Are you taking a punishment?”

Wei Changfeng didn’t say anything.

Wei Mama suddenly smiled and said to her husband, “Love, help me up. If they want to stand here, leave them alone.”

There was undisguised anger in her tone. Qi Le’an didn’t expect that Wei Mama was so easily irritated.

Wei Papa was henpecked. He stood up and helped his wife go upstairs without any demur. When they were gone, Wei Changfeng sighed.

“What did Mom say to you?” Wei Changfeng asked softly.

Qi Le’an opened his mouth and wanted to speak. He found that he lost his voice again.

Wei Changfeng frowned and remembered that Qi Le’an had screamed too hard just now. He quickly poured him a glass of honey water. Qi Le’an drank it and felt the pain in his throat.

“She asked if you go out with any girls, and I said no,” Qi Le’an said with difficulty.

Wei Changfeng took Qi Le’an’s hand and pinched it in silence. After a while, he said, “I didn’t handle this well.” He was too impulsive.