22. See You Next Week

"Beep, the system has upgraded successfully."

"Beep, the system now rebooting."

"Beep, the host's identity now is confirmed."

Qi Le An stared at the black void in front of him, waiting for the instruction. All of a sudden, a palm-sized light globe emerged out of nowhere.

The light globe flew a few circles around Qi Le An playfully, Qi Le An reached his hand and tried to play with it.

To Qi Le An's surprise, the light globe felt so squishy in hand. With that the light globe flew higher with a swish.

"What is that... ...", Qi Le An murmured as he stared at the light globe.

"What is that... ...", the light globe started to repeat Qi Le An, and it sounds exactly like Qi Le An like it were playing a recording tape.

Qi Le An gave a start, 'Does this freak come along with the system?'

"You are the freak! You are a freak out and out!" the light globe countered.

Qi Le An now was so confused, not only could the light globe read his mind, but also it could change its voice, just now it talked in the system's regular voice instead of mimicking Qi Le An's voice.

The light globe flew closer to Qi Le An and floated right in front of his nose, "I'm upgraded now!" with that it did a few stunts like swooping and leaping, then it bumped Qi Le An's head and complained, "I could have upgraded way sooner, but I had to wait for a long time due to your lack of sleep."

Now Qi Le An realized he had been feeling exhausted all the time recently all because of this light globe.

"Go to sleep now!" the light globe shouted. The system seemed to become more talkative and playful along with its upgrade.

Hardly had the system's voice faded away when Qi Le An was seized by drowsiness, he fell in a faint.

It had been so long since the last time when Qi Le An slept like a baby, he didn't wake up until the nightfall. He opened his eyes only to find himself in a ward and getting an intravenous drip in the forearm.

Qi Le An struggled to sit up when someone pushed the door open.

It was Wei Chang Feng.

Seeing the way Qi Le An struggle to sit up, Wei Chang Feng put the thermos cup on the table and rushed towards Qi Le An, "An, how can I help?"

"Nothing, I just want to sit up. What happened to me, Wei Sama?"

Wei Chang Feng adjusted the bed for him and asked, "You just fainted, how are you feeling now?"

"I'm all better now after a good sleep."

"You have been working too hard, you need to learn how to take care of yourself." with that Wei Chang Feng opened the lid of the thermos cup, "Time is limited, so I only managed to make you some veggie porridge."

Qi Le An was so touched, a Film Emperor who had actually made the time to cook for him when he was doing a roadshow tour!

Wei Chang Feng handed Qi Le An a spoon, "Hope you like it."

Warm veggie porridge was exactly what Qi Le An needed now, the aroma of the rice grains and the freshness of the veggies matched so well, "yum yum", Qi Le An gulped down the whole bowl with a satisfying smile on the face.

It didn't occur to him until he had the porridge that he should ask Wei Chang Feng whether he had dinner yet.

Qi Le An asked apologetically, "How about you? Have you eaten, Wei Sama?"

"Of course, unlike you, I know how to take care of myself."

Qi Le An grinned, "I'm... I'm normally pretty good too, it's just I've been busy... ..."

Wei Chang Feng frowned on hearing that, "An, I just checked your schedule, it's too tight."

Qi Le An lowered his head.

"Is it mandatory by Glory?" Wei Chang Feng added.

"My company did it for my own good."

Wei Chang Feng shook his head in disapproval.

Qi Le An and Wei Chang Feng weren't in the same company, Wei Chang Feng couldn't meddle in too much, he just told Qi Le An to learn to defend himself and he could always turn to him.

Qi Le An didn't want to trouble Wei Chang Feng, he didn't mention that other trainees would happily replace him if he dared defend himself. He just nodded his head and thanked Wei Chang Feng for his kindness.

Wei Chang Feng sighed, "All right, you need to listen to me on this one, take tomorrow off at least."

Qi Le An thought he was good to go now that the system had upgraded successfully, but he decided to listen to Wei Chang Feng.

The two talked about something else before Gary and Jiao came to them, Jiao was touched by Wei Chang Feng's kindness as well.

Later that night, the other crew members who had just wrapped up came to visit Qi Le An as well, Director. Cui told Qi Le An to take the next day off and rest.

Qi Le An wished he could spend some time alone with Wei Chang Feng, but Wei Chang Feng took his leave not long after the other crew members showed up for he needed to take a flight that night.

Qi Le An and Jiao went back to the hotel after the doctor said he was good to go, Jiao asked him as she walked him to his room, "Are you close to Wei Chang Feng?"

"Wei Sama just was really nice to me on the set."

Jiao shot a meaningful look at Qi Le An, "Do you know it was Wei Chang Feng who dashed towards you when you fainted?"

Qi Le An's heart skipped a beat as he heard that.

Jiao noticed that abrupt change of countenance, but she didn't pester Qi Le An with more questions, she just said, "All right, An, good night. It's good to have tomorrow off, just take plenty of rest."

Jiao was assigned to Qi Le An because she had offended someone in the management, she was not happy that she had to work with a simple-minded trainee in the beginning. But she grew fond of Qi Le An as she saw how hard-working and talented he was in the tour, and now she was even more impressed by Qi Le An.

'Wei Chang Feng dashed towards him when he fainted, Wei Chang Feng drove him to the hospital, Wei Chang Feng has even cooked him porridge when he was supposed to have dinner with the organizer! Hmm, there's more to this than meets the eye... ...' thought Jiao.

Qi Le An grabbed his phone after Jiao left his room, he kept editing and reediting the text to Wei Chang Feng, finally he pressed the send button with his eyes closed.

Qi Le An: Wei Sama, thank you so much for today, now I'm back in my hotel room, ready to go to bed.

Qi Le An then waited for Wei Chang Feng's reply and checked the time frequently, 'Wei Chang Feng is supposed to be on the way to the airport now, but why hasn't he texted me back!'

Qi Le An decided to take a shower first after he checked his phone for the fiftieth time. Then he was so thrilled after he walked out of the bathroom.

Wei Chang Feng: No worries, good night, see you next week in B City.

Qi Le An beamed with smiles for there was a grand roadshow in B city next week, Hu Bin, Lin Xue and Wei Chang Feng would all be present.