23. The Last Road Show

Qi Le An woke up in such a good mood the next morning, he felt so refreshed as the system had upgraded and he was so looking forward to next week.

However, his mood was dampened by a phone call not long after he woke up.

“Qi Le An! You are a big star now, aren’t you?” Mr. Li sounded so bitterly sarcastic.

“Mr. Li?” Qi Le An was so confused.

“Don’t Mr. Li me! Do you know how hard Glory has negotiated for you, and look at you now, our big star, you are too good for the roadshow?”

Qi Le An checked the time, it was ten o’clock, he pressed his forehead and tried to explain, “I... ...”

“Do you really think you can just be absent after Director. Cui said you could take today off? What if Director. Cui was just being polite?” Mr. Li sounded so grumpy, Qi Le An was sure Mr. Li would slap him again if Mr. Li were in the same room with him.

“What? You think we have been overworking you? For a young trainee like you, you should be grateful that your working schedule is so full. Tell you what, it’s either working like a horse or become someone’s boy toy, your call!”

Qi Le An got so infuriated as he heard Mr. Li’s coarse language, he removed the phone and tried to regulate his breaths while Mr. Li was still going on, “Move your ass to the venue right now! Don’t expect to get any opportunity if you dare not show up this afternoon!”

With that Mr. Li had hung up the phone.

Qi Le An clenched his fists in anger, he suppressed the impulse to throw his phone out of the window. He closed his eyes and regulated his breaths, slowly he walked to the mirror and started to work on his smile.

‘Qi Le An, calm down, you are a nobody now, you are in no position to negotiate with them, just pocket the insult for now! Patience, you need to have a little bit more patience. In half a month when To Perish Demons is broadcast, people will know your name!’ 

Qi Le An called Jiao and explained the whole thing, he kept apologizing to Jiao for he could sense Jiao’s sulkiness over the phone.

Qi Le An had no idea how come Mr. Li found this out, he wished he knew what had happened.

But that was the least of Qi Le An’s concern at that moment, he and Jiao rushed to the station to the city next to Guangzhou. Thanks to Jiao’s friend who had snapped up bullet train tickets for them, they could make it to the venue on time.

Qi Le An called a crew member on the train to inform them about the update, the crew member was surprised for a second then he was glad that Qi Le An was able to make it.

“I’m sorry about the last-minute rearrangement, it’s just I’m feeling much better today, I don’t want to miss out.”

“That’s great news, we will have so much fun together!” replied the crew member.

Everything worked out fine, the fans had given them a warm welcome.

Jiao told Qi Le An what she had found out after they went back to the hotel, it turned out there were some reporters had contacted the management, apparently rumor had it that Glory had been abusing their trainees, somehow the reporters had specifically mentioned Qi Le An’s name.

Mr. Li panicked when he found out Qi Le An had fainted the day before and Director. Cui had given him a day off, it did sound an awful lot like Qi Le An was exploited by him and Director. Cui helped Qi Le An out.

To clear his name, he decided to call Qi Le An to order him to attend the roadshow this day thus he could defend himself by saying Qi Le An was happy about his schedule.