63. Returning To School

Wei Chang Feng came round at the exact moment when the New Year bell rang. His first reaction after he opened his eyes was to look for Qi Le An.

Seeing Wei Chang Feng wake up, Sheng Chang’an quickly walked out of the room and asked the bodyguards to call for the doctor. The quiet corridor suddenly became noisy.

Qi Le An looked at Wei Chang Feng and smiled, “Wei Sama, you’re finally awake.”

Wei Chang Feng gave a faint smile, and he quickly closed his eyes again.

It was a great sign that Wei Chang Feng had finally came round. The doctor on duty did a check-up on him and confirmed that Wei Chang Feng had passed the dangerous period. However, due to the sequelae of concussion, the patient should rest more and talk less.

Hearing that, Sheng Chang’an finally let out a sigh of relief.

Wei Chang Feng fell asleep again around 3 a.m. Qi Le An felt exhausted after he spent hours in the system, and he fell asleep on the sofa in the room.

When he woke up the next morning, he saw Wei Xin’an feeding Wei Chang Feng some porridge.

Wei Chang Feng, who had been lying in bed for so long, finally was able to sit up leaning back on a pillow.  He looked a bit shy when his sister fed him with a spoon, but Wei Xin’an insisted.

Wei Xin’an now put the spoon back in the bowl, it looked like she was trying to persuade Wei Chang Feng to eat more, but Wei Chang Feng shook his head, indicating that he was really full.

Wei Xin’an gave up.

She turned around and prepared to put the porridge away, then she saw Qi Le An who was looking at them.

“Morning, An, did you sleep well?” Wei Xin’an smiled as she walked to the sofa, she was still immersed in the joy of Wei Chang Feng coming round.

Wei Chang Feng also averted his gaze to Qi Le An. Qi Le An blushed when Wei Chang Feng looked at them. He quickly sat up and said, “Morning, I slept well, how are you guys? ”

Wei Xin’an nodded and pointed to the thermal box on the table. “We’ve prepared some breakfast for you. Please have some, you have been so busy these past few days, I’m sure you are not eating properly.”

Then, she turned around and said to Wei Chang Feng, “Your friend has been here for the past few days. The time he spent with you is longer than me and your Sheng Ge combined.”

Qi Le An cast a glimpse at Wei Chang Feng again and coincidentally Wei Chang Feng was staring at him too. There was tenderness in Wei Chang Feng’s eyes, but there was something that Qi Le An hadn’t seen before.

Finally, Wei Chang Feng averted his gaze and said, “Go have some breakfast, An.”

Qi Le An’s mouth felt completely so dry that he couldn’t utter a word. He couldn’t help but wonder whether he had gone too far.

In the afternoon, Wei Chang Feng said to Qi Le An, “An, you have been here with me for the past few days. Have you contacted Chen Shan? He must be anxious.”

Wei Xin’an was peeling apples when she heard this. “Who is Chen Shan?”

Wei Chang Feng leaned against the bed and said, ” An’s manager.”

Wei Xin’an nodded and she looked a little worried. “An seems to have never contacted anyone in the past few days. I’m sure your manager is worried about you.”

Qi Le An who was helping Wei Xin’an cut the apples casually replied, “He called me a few times, I’ve texted him already.”

Qi Le An then added in his heart, ‘And then I turned off my phone.’