181. The Evening Party

That night, Qi Le’an went home and told Wei Changfeng about what happened in the fashion studio!

“I didn’t expect that Damien would be so handsome!” Qi Le’an exclaimed, “He’s so different!”

Wei Changfeng knew more about Damien. He said, “I heard that when he was still in high school, he was discovered by a talent scout but he insisted on being a director.”

Qi Le’an looked as if he finally understood it.

Wei Changfeng touched his head and said, “Rest early today.”

Qi Le’an was going to walk the red carpet the next day. He was a little nervous and asked Wei Changfeng, “Have Wei Sama been nervous before?”

Wei Sama had been acting since he was a child. Supposedly, he had never felt nervous before.

However, surprisingly, Wei Changfeng nodded and said, “When the movie ‘Interstellar’ was being publicized, I was very nervous.”

Qi Le’an widened his eyes as if he wanted to hear more.

Wei Changfeng smiled and said, “Back then, I just graduated from Tisch. It was a long while since I had been on that kind of occasion… The photographers kept taking photos, making me somewhat nervous.”

“What happened next?” asked Qi Le’an.

Wei Changfeng shrugged and said, “Nothing. I stopped feeling nervous when I stepped on the stage.”

Qi Le’an thought that Wei Changfeng could share some experience with him but Wei Changfeng just stopped talking…

And the next day, Qi Le’an realized why Wei Changfeng didn’t tell him the story after that.

At four in the afternoon, the assistant came to pick up Qi Le’an. Qi Le’an set off from home and arrived at the fashion studio in half an hour. Holding a brush, Guoqing patted Qi Le’an’s chest and assured that he must make Qi Le’an rise to fame overnight.

At half-past five, everyone was ready. Damien got into a car first, while Emma wearing a red dress and holding a white purse sat in the car behind Qi Le’an together.

Emma came two hours earlier than Qi Le’an. It was said that it took half the time to do her hair. When she was in the car, she didn’t even dare to move in case of ruining her hairstyle.

Under the circumstance, Qi Le’an became nervous. He looked at his hair and then checked his bow tie.

Emma noticed Qi Le’an’s movements and smiled, “Don’t be afraid, my little prince, you look so great today!”

Qi Le’an didn’t know if she was comforting. With a smile, he said, “Thank you, you are also very beautiful.”

Emma smiled and shook her head. “You are so reserved… let me tell you a joke!”

Qi Le’an put on a look as if he was ready to hear her.

“The first movie that Damien directed… is a movie called ‘Loveless City’. Have you watched it?” Emma asked.

Qi Le’an nodded. “Loveless City” was Damien’s first film as well as the film that got Emma to be nominated for Oscar Award. It was still one of the classics of romantic movies.

Although he didn’t win the award in the end, he was hailed as a “Fabulous Director” because of “Loveless City”.

Emma said, ” ‘Loveless City’ was nominated, so we attended the ceremony together. Everyone was very nervous. Tresse lost his watch before leaving. Only Enda looked somewhat better.”