85. Birthday

As Wei Chang Feng walked towards Qi Le An, the crew members looked sideways to see who he was walking towards. Some people knew Qi Le An and didn’t find it strange when they saw him. Some people didn’t know who Qi Le An was and they asked people around them who Qi Le An was.

“Didn’t you say you wouldn’t be here till late? Why are you so early? I wanted to pick you up from the airport after I’m done with my scene.” Wei Chang Feng beamed with smiles on seeing Qi Le An.

The two of them haven’t seen each other for several months. They would video chat and talk over the phone, but Qi Le An felt that seeing the real person was much better. Qi Le An would reach out his arms and hug Wei Chang Feng if not for so many crew members around.

“I’m afraid I won’t be able to celebrate your birthday with you, I don’t want to miss your birthday dinner, so I came over early,” Qi Le An joked.

Wei Chang Feng smiled and said, “If you miss the birthday dinner, I’ll cook something else for you then.”

Qi Le An felt great on hearing that!

Since it was Wei Chang Feng’s birthday this day, the crew had not arranged many scenes for him. After the rickshaw scene was finished, Wei Chang Feng was done filming for the day.

He took Qi Le An to greet Director Ge, then he got changed and removed his makeup before going back to the hotel. He promised Director Ge that he would have dinner with the crew at night.

Director Ge knew Qi Le An, so he nodded and agreed.

Wei Chang Feng took Qi Le An to the lounge and asked him to wait for him a few minutes, then he went to the dressing room to get changed. He specifically asked Gary to send a fruit plate for Qi Le An.

As Qi Le An ate the fruit plate, he couldn’t help but think he actually didn’t mind following Wei Chang Feng into the dressing room and watching him get changed.

Wei Chang Feng quickly packed up his stuff in half an hour. Gary drove the two back to the hotel. Wei Chang Feng asked Qi Le An, “Have you booked a hotel? You start shooting all tomorrow, right?”

For a moment, Qi Le An didn’t want to admit that he had booked a hotel. He wondered if he could live with Wei Chang Feng if he didn’t say it. But at the last second, he dismissed the idea and said honestly, “I booked the hotel you are staying in. I’ve already left my luggage in my room. When Chen Shan arrives tomorrow, we’ll go to the set together.”

Wei Chang Feng nodded and opened the door with the room key. “I’m going to take a shower first. Please make yourself comfortable, I have a lot of books here.”

He patted Qi Le An on the head, then he took some clothes from the wardrobe and went into the bathroom. Although “History of Death” was a movie, it would take Wei Chang Feng three months to finish shooting. Wei Chang Feng was very well-prepared. His wardrobe was full of clothes and he had quite a few books piled on the table. His laptop was on the coffee table next to his coffee mug notebook.

Qi Le An exclaimed in his heart that no winder his Wei Sama had been so popular over the past few years, he didn’t rely on his appearance, he was actually working hard for every role.

Qi Le An picked up a book called “The Legend of Du Yuesheng, the last Gang Leader in Old Shanghai”.

Qi Le An read a few pages and silently put it down, he couldn’t concentrate on the book.

The sound of running water came from the bathroom had distracted Qi Le An. He imagined how Wei Chang Feng looked when he was wearing nothing. He shook his head, trying to force that thought out.