121. Start Of Filming

Near the end of the term, Qi Le An did nothing else except study.

Yin Yan knew that Qi Le An agreed to join the cast of ‘Blue’, and he didn’t object to it. The two sides chose a good day and signed the contract.

“Blue” went into shooting in mid-February. It was planned to finish in mid-April. Qi Le An’s schoolwork would be affected a little, but Director Guan promised to leave Qi Le An the time to have a private tutorial each day.

Because the movie had requirements on the actor’s body shape, Qi Le An had to work out for a good figure before the shooting started.

Qi Le An, however, didn’t want to comment on that.

After half a month of last-minute cramming, Qi Le An went to take the test as if he was a martyr. Before his last exam, travel-worn and weary, Wei Chang Feng returned from Province S.

Because of the exam, Wei Chang Feng didn’t ask Qi Le An to pick him up. The exams were in the morning only. Qi Le An couldn’t put his mind into reviewing for exams anyway so he searched for recipes online and prepared to cook for Wei Chang Feng.

When Wei Chang Feng was home in the evening, he saw tomato eggs, potatoes, and a plate of burnt things on the dining table.

Qi Le An, who was holding the spatula, looked like he was going to have a breakdown as he said, “Wei Sama, why are you back so soon?! I haven’t finished cooking yet.”

Something was still brewing in the pot, which gave off a strange smell.

Amused, Wei Chang Feng put down his luggage and went to the kitchen as he said, “I thought I was going to cook.”

Qi Le An said, having a sad face, “I can’t focus on reading at all… I wanted to give you a surprise, but I didn’t expect it to turn out contrarily.”

Knowing he wasn’t exactly good at cooking, he didn’t try to make any rare dishes. The two veggies could barely reach the standard and the meat was disturbing to even look at.

Wei Chang Feng picked up the lid of the pot and looked at the fish inside. “It’s okay. This fish can still be saved.”

Qi Le An’s eyes lit up at that as he said, “Really?”

Wei Chang Feng nodded and said, “Get me some cooking wine.”

In a flurry, Qi Le An looked for cooking wine while Wei Chang Feng was busy by the counter skillfully. Soon, Qi Le An’s steamed osmanthus seemed to have been saved.

Although the cooking method changed from steamed to braised, it was still a fish.

A cooking show started by Qi Le An and ended by Wei Chang Feng lasted 20 minutes. At first, Qi Le An wanted to cook a delicious meal against all odds, but in the end, he turned out to be the one sitting at the dining table waiting for dinner.

Wei Chang Feng finished the braised fish and served it. Qi Le An went to get juice and poured for themselves as he said, not very excited, “I don’t feel like cooking next time.”

The gentle Wei Chang Feng picked up some egg and tomato with a pair of chopsticks and mixed it in the rice as he said, “It’s delicious. Please cook it for me next time.”

Qi Le An tried it. The tomato was a bit raw and the egg was a bit overcooked.

He then had a bite of the fish made by Wei Chang Feng. How could someone make such good food?

Wei Chang Feng wrapped at noon and rushed back in a hurry in the afternoon. However, all his tiredness vanished the moment he saw the kid carrying a spatula. He finished the dishes Qi Le An made and said, “No one has cooked for me for years.”