59. The Car Accident

The news was like a thunderbolt out of a clear sky, Qi Le An was shocked to the core.

He asked in a trembling voice that he didn't even notice, "What? What did you say? A car accident? "

In his last life, Qi Le An died from a car accident, so he was particularly sensitive to this word.

"Yes, the current situation is overwhelmingly negative..."

Qi Le An felt the sky and earth were spinning round and Chen Shan's voice had gradually faded away. He held the table beside him for fear of falling.

"I don't know the details either, I just think I should tell you."

"Okay, thanks Chen Ge," Qi Le An said calmly.

After a moment of silence, Chen Shan asked tentatively, "An, are you okay? What can I do for you?

"I'm fine," Qi Le An hung up.

'A car accident! Wei Chang Feng? How is that even possible!'

The last time they met was at the housewarming dinner, the flowers brought by Wei Chang Feng had withered. Qi Le An watched several tutorials online and air-dried the petals, he had saved every petal carefully. The cactus was still full of life. Qi Le An had put the beautiful plant on his table. The cactus had accompanied him at every class, every time he felt like giving up, he would raise his head and felt empowered by the cactus.

Wei Chang Feng and Qi Le An hadn't been contacting much in the past month. Wei Chang Feng seemed to have flown abroad to shoot a commercial for an endorsement. Wei Chang Feng didn't mention any stunt movies, how come he just had a car accident!

Qi Le An suddenly grabbed his wallet from the table and rushed out of his house without even bothering to put on his jacket.

He stood by the side of the street to hail a taxi. Fortunately, it was so dark and so quiet, it took him a while to get a taxi. He jumped into the car when finally a taxi stopped for him.

"Where are you going?" The driver asked, then he looked at Qi Le An suspiciously, "Why do you feel familiar? Have I met you somewhere?"

"The airport please," Qi Le An could no longer keep his composure, he felt like he was about to fall apart the next second. He cried, "Please, sir, please hurry up!"

When the driver heard this, he didn't pester Qi Le An any further, he just stepped on the accelerator and sped on.

It was a smooth trip to the airport, they didn't even encounter a single red light. Qi Le An bought tickets as soon as he entered the airport, luckily he made it in time for the next flight to City B. He hopped on the plane in a trance, thinking about Wei Chang Feng the whole time.

He got off the plane, and it wasn't until he shivered from the coldness did he realize that he had left his coat at home.

Qi Le An had noticed the passengers' looks, he could imagine the headlines of the entertainment newspaper the next day, but he didn't care about it anymore. He didn't know which hospital Wei Chang Feng was in, so he went to the lounge and started calling Gary.

Gary didn't pick up.

Qi Le An did not know how many times he had called, but the beep from the other side of the phone sounded so cold and heartless. He guessed that he must look terrible at the moment, the staff seemed to have checked him a few times from afar, but they didn't dare come in.

Qi Le An just sank into the sofa miserably, holding his phone and lowering his head.

After some time, the phone started to vibrate. Qi Le An trembled and he picked up the call promptly.