167. Dossey And His Uncle

The theater group was off in the morning, and Qi Le’an was there to meet the group at noon.

It was only a few hours before the performance. Qi Le’an was a little nervous, but the others were so calm.

It was normal. The others had performed many times and only Qi Le’an was a rookie.

Dossey came over with a bottle of orange juice and said to Qi Le’an with bright eyes, “Le’an! You look so great today!”

Qi Le’an smiled and took the orange juice, saying, “Really?”

Dossey nodded seriously, his green eyes full of appreciation.

“By the way, I want to treat you and your uncle to Chinese food when the performance is over today,” Qi Le’an said.

Dossey looked so surprised and said, “Really?! Do you want to invite me and my uncle to dinner?”

Qi Le’an said, “Yes, you’ve helped me so much.”

Before he could finish, Dossey hugged Qi Le’an and said, “That’s great! I love Chinese food the most!”

Qi Le’an was a little uncomfortable, but Dossey let him go soon and said with his phone, “I’m going to tell my uncle!”

Qi Le’an nodded and let Dossey go first.

The audience was allowed to come into the hall an hour ahead of the performance. Qi Le’an changed his clothes and looked out from backstage. He remembered that he and Wei Changfeng had come here to watch the show last week. However, within a week only, he became the one to perform on the stage.

The specially reserved position was empty and Qi Le’an had no idea whether the one who should be sitting on it would come or not.

Soon, the auditorium was filled with people. And the performance was about to start. Qi Le’an looked calm on the surface and in his heart, he kept cheering himself up.

With the sound of music, Qi Le’an knew that it was time to go on stage.

“You’re great. Just act as usual. You’ve got this!”

Qi Le’an said so as he went on stage.

……

Wei Changfeng looked at his phone every few minutes at the airport, his face full of anxiety.

Holding a cup of coffee in his hand, Professor John told him, “The flights of the United Airlines are often late. Don’t worry!”

Wei Changfeng sighed, “I want to pick up Le’an.”

Professor John pretended not to hear him.

Over ten minutes later, the notification of the airport came and Professor John finally straightened up.

People gradually came out of the exit. Professor John waved his hands and shouted, “Spear! This way!”

An old man in sunglasses wearing a hip-hop outfit came out and hugged John. “Oh! Old John! ”

Professor John slapped Director Spear on the shoulder and said, “I’m not old! You are!”

The two of them burst out laughing.

“This is Fynn! I guess you know him.” Professor John introduced his student to his old friend proudly, “My best student!”

Spear took off the sunglasses and said to Wei Changfeng, “Fynn, hello!”

Wei Changfeng shook hands with Director Spear politely, “Hello, sir.”

Director Spear nodded and said, “I’ve seen the movie ‘The Yangtze River’ starred by you. It’s great!”