13. Hu Bin

Market supervision was quite lax back in 2011, you could get an anonymous SIM card easily at places like commercial streets, train stations and college towns. Anonymous SIM cards had attracted a lot of customers for the customers didn’t need to provide any ID besides the huge discounts.

Qi Le An had been thinking since he had seen the project in Wei Chang Feng’s room, Wei Chang Feng would suspect him if he pointed out directly and warned him about this. How could Qi Le An explain why would he know the inside information of those producers, and why would Wei Chang Feng believe him, a nobody in the industry.

Qi Le An decided he’d better stand in the background and remind Wei Chang Feng in some other way. He bought a SIM card and put it in his phone first thing after he went back to his dormitory, he started to ponder over his wording.

The General was produced by a company named Poised Deer, a leading player in daily chemical industry. If Qi Le An’s memory served him right, Li Hao Sheng, the corporate representative of the company was among the producers, and with a little it of research you would find that this Li Hao Sheng and the lieutenant of the Hong Gang were blood brothers. This whole thing was initiated by that Li Hao Sheng.

Qi Le An couldn’t believe what he had overheard in his last life could be so useful at the moment. He texted a long message to Wei Chang Feng, he was sure this message would alarm Wei Chang Feng for it was fully-detailed and well-grounded.

‘He was so drunk last night, I wonder how is he doing now, probably a bad hangover?’

Qi Le An’s phone vibrated soon, he checked the screen promptly, it was Wei Chang Feng, the message was short, “Who are you?”

Qi Le An smiled, he turned his phone off and switched his own SIM card back on, then he carefully put this new SIM card with Wei Chang Feng’s ear stud deep in the drawer.

It was still early, Qi Le An decided to spend his afternoon in the library. He made a plan that he would read every day to better enrich himself, that was an important way for personal growth. He grabbed a few bites in the canteen and went off to the library, and to his surprise, the library was so packed.

‘Haha, thanks to you, Brother Hu Bin, more and more people are into reading since you’ve become the reading promotion ambassador in Hai City.’ thought Qi Le An with a big smile.

There were four floors in Hai City Library, the first floor was the lobby and self-study area, the second floor was home to professional books, the third was for modern novels and social sciences books, while the fourth floor was for some historic newspapers and books, readers needed to apply for access for the fourth floor.

Qi Le An had already done his research before he came, he soon found most of all the books he wanted to borrow, among them were two new novels, he knew it very well both novels would be adapted to movies soon, he would like to read them in advance to better prepare himself and fight for the opportunity to be a part of the movies.

He then went to the third floor to find the last book on his list, but he alighted on a familiar figure who was sitting on the ground by the window as he turned around, it was Hu Bin who was engrossed in a book.

Qi Le An walked towards Hu Bin who was reading a manga book. All of a sudden Hu Bin raised his head as he sensed someone was approaching him, his eyes sparkled as he saw it was Qi Le An, “An!”

Hu Bin muffled his voice for they were in a library despite the excitement as he saw Qi Le An.

Qi Le An found it amusing that a big star like Hu Bin spent his day off in the library reading a manga book, “Ha, Brother Bin.”