178. The Work

Qi Le’an’s script reading meeting was going on in full swing, and he went out to work early and came back late at night every day. However, he didn’t look tired at all, as if he had taken some uppers.

“I’ve heard the soundtrack for the film today! It is such beautiful music! Wei Sama, Wei Sama! What if I can’t learn the song well?!”

“Emma, the goddess came today too! What a goddess! I’ve even taken a picture with her today!”

“Director Damien reformed the script today again…”

“Wei Sama! Listen to me please to see if I can sing well!”

“Wei Sama! Wei Sama!”

Every day, when Qi Le’an came back, he would excitedly share the news of that day with Wei Changfeng. And his enthusiasm for the work did not fade until a week later.

Wei Changfeng was keenly aware of Qi Le’an’s emotional change. That night, when he was driving Qi Le’an home, he asked, “What’s the matter? Are you unhappy? ”

Qi Le’an shook his head gloomily, “No, but…”

“But what is it?” Wei Changfeng urged. He was worried.

Qi Le’an sighed and then replied, “It is already 25th now…”

Wei Changfeng didn’t quite catch his meaning,” Yes?”

“Wei Sama is going to work in a few days…” Qi Le’an answered. He was apparently in a mood of despondency.

Until then did Wei Changfeng understand what Qi Le’an was thinking. He said with a smile, “I’m also in New York and I’ll go on picking you up when I get off work early.”

Qi Le’an said, “I will not be so busy next week and I can go and pick up Wei Sama after work!”

Wei Changfeng replied smilingly, “Okay.”

Next month, Qi Le’an’s movie was going to start shooting. And then he had to stay with the crew, and they two would inevitably be “separated”.

There were only a few days left before that, so Qi Le’an was not able to be so concentrated in the script reading meeting. What occupied his mind these days was only Wei Changfeng. On the day Wei Changfeng started his work, Qi Le’an was on his day off. He thus got up in the morning to send Wei Sama off to work. At noon, he actively got their meals ready at home for Wei Sama and waited for him to come back after work.

Director Spear was filming a science fiction, which needed a lot of computer-generated imagery (CGI) technology. To this end, he invited a special effects studio from New Zealand, and more than a hundred professional staff from the studio participated in the production of the film.

Wei Changfeng was responsible for the preparation of this part, that was, negotiating with the special effects team in New York. Director Spear took another assistant director to find views around the world. In this way, their preparations for the film officially began.

On September 1st, Damien’s musical was officially named “Lala Land”.

Qi Le’an found that for foreigners, the opening ceremony was not very special. They would not burn incense or worship Buddha-like Chinese directors. Director Damien just gathered everyone together for a dinner, which meant that the film had started. The whole film was shot in the order of the script. According to their plan, only Emma would be taking part in the filming in the first week.

However, Damien told Qi Le’an that he had to stay with the crew all the time. Apart from that, Qi Le’an was also asked to attend music classes while watching the filming.