38. Being Seduced

Seeing the way Wei Chang Feng talked to Sang Jia Yi, Qi Le An turned green with envy.

Five minutes later, Wei Chang Feng and Sang Jia Yi walked back to the camera, Wei Chang Feng signaled to Director Chen that they were ready.

Sang Jia Yi did a much better job this time, her performance was getting closer to Director Chen’s standard. But Qi Le An’s shooting was delayed due to Sang Jia Yi.

To make it worse, Sang Jia Yi sat right next to Wei Chang Feng at lunch, and Sang Jia Yi was talking and laughing so much as if it weren’t her who did a terrible job in the morning.

Qi Le An threw the lunch box on the table with a bang.

“Kiddo, what’s with you?” asked Chen Shan with disbelief.

Qi Le An shook his head and didn’t say anything.

Chen Shan turned around and he frowned on seeing Sang Jia Yi and Wei Chang Feng sitting together.

The crew members took a much shorter break to make up for the delay in the morning. Qi Le An was so excited when the Executive Director told him that it was his turn next at 3 p.m.

This was the first time that Qi Le An had the chance to work with the top director and top actors in the industry, no way could he contain his excitement.

Qi Le An took a few deep breaths, he kept telling him to calm down because he didn’t want his nervousness to cause any inconvenience for the crew members, especially Wei Chang Feng who had already suffered a lot due to Sang Jia Yi.

Wei Chang Feng and Qi Le An rehearsed their blocking for a few times, and with the click of the clapperboard, Wei Chang Feng became Xing, Qi Le An became Xing’s younger male cousin, Cheng.

Cheng was a city boy who was spoiled by his entire family, so he turned up his nose at Xing when he first saw the village boy with a tan.

“Cheng, this is your older cousin from our hometown, and he will stay with us for a few days.” introduced Cheng’s mother.

Xing knew he was living under their roof, he disdained to fawn upon on other people, but he was a polite boy. So he reached out his hand and said, “Nice to meet you, Cheng, I’m Xing.”

Cheng hesitated for a while, but he ignored Xing’s greeting and turned away from him, striding across the living room.

“Cheng, this kid is spoiled, please don’t mind.” said Cheng’s mother in an apologetic tone.

“Cut! Great job!” Director Chen beamed a warm smile at Qi Le An, “An, great job! Great facial expression when you hesitated about the handshake, this time I want to see you move your hand a bit more. And Chang Feng, great as always!”

Qi Le An nodded, “Got it, thank you Director Chen.”

“You are doing great, An.” Wei Chang Feng encouraged Qi Le An.

“Scene 10, Cut 1, Take 2!”

Qi Le An had surprised everyone on set, including Wei Chang Feng. He had digested Director Chen’s feedback perfectly and had fully delivered.

Sang Jia Yi was a pretty good actor in her generation, but it took her a while to get into the character. So everyone was expecting the same thing would happen to Qi Le An, but Qi Le An had nailed it on take 2, he delivered everything Director Chen told him!

‘What a talented kid!’ Director Chen exclaimed in the heart.

But no one knew how much efforts Qi Le An had made, he refused to be a boy toy in his last life and he would practise the lines from classic movies and the facial expressions in front of a mirror day and night.