72. President Sheng

The premiere of Better Days consisted of five parts, introduction, guest talk, film screening, director’s statement, and acknowledgment session to the crew members.

Wei Chang Feng and Ya Ting would do the guest talk session as the male and female lead. Qi Le An only needed to go to the stage in the last session.

Qi Le An was determined to watch and learn how Wei Chang Feng and Ya Ting command the whole venue in the talk session, he appreciated the opportunity to learn from the best in the industry sitting in the front row.

Wei Chang Feng, who needed to do the guest talk later, headed to the backstage waiting area directly. He was surprised to see Qi Le An there, “Why don’t you talk to the other guests in the venue, An?”

Qi Le An smiled and said, “I don’t know anyone there, they are all big shots.”

This was the truth. Qi Le An was never interested in social events, he wasn’t good at fawning upon the big shots or socializing for more work opportunities. Plus he had offended the management of Glory already, he had no idea which guests sitting in the audience were Glory’s interested party. He figured he better stay away from politics thus to make himself safe.

In social events like this, you needed someone who was very socially active to introduce you to the big bosses. But Chen Shan wasn’t here with Qi Le An, so he decided to lay low.

Wei Chang Feng understood it immediately, so he changed the subject, “How were the cupcakes?”

Qi Le An’s eyes brightened when he heard that. The cupcakes he had that morning were different from the ones he had before. It was so soft and moist, the sweetness wasn’t aggressive, the aroma and the taste complemented each other…

“Yummy!” Qi Le An was about to drool.

Wei Chang Feng smiled and said, “They are new products, we haven’t launched them yet. I’m glad to hear you like them.”

Ya Ting walked in when the two were laughing and talking about cupcakes.

Better Days was Ya Ting’s first movie of the year, she and her company had attached great importance to it, she had spent a lot of effort in promoting it.

“Chang Feng, Good afternoon,” Ya Ting smiled and greeted Wei Chang Feng, “Hi, An, how have you been?”

“Hello, Ya Ting Jiejie, I’ve been well, how are you, it’s been months since we last met,” Qi Le An said.

Ya Ting looked even more gorgeous this day with her glamourous red carpet makeup and black see-through gown.

Qi Le An noticed that Ya Ting seemed to have something to say to Wei Chang Feng, so he thought he better excuse himself and give them some privacy.

“Ya Ting Jie, can you excuse me for a second? I’ll be back soon.” Wei Chang Feng asked, “I want to take An to meet President Sheng.”

Ya Ting nodded in astonishment.

Meeting Sheng Chang’an was a huge deal for anyone in the business, it was even more huge when Wei Chang Feng recommended you to him.

Everyone in the industry knew Wei Chang Feng and Sheng Chang’an were close, but no one knew they were in-laws. Qi Le An used to get jealous when he found out they lived together, but now he just wanted to laugh at himself.

People in show business were the most calculating bunch, they would treat Qi Le An differently once they saw Sheng Chang’an talking to him.

This was another kind offer from Wei Chang Feng. He was protecting Qi Le An.