102. The Coffin

Chen Shan didn’t reply, so Qi Le An asked Dou Zhiyuan to eat first. After they finished eating, Qi Le An watched his phone and said, “I’ll send the message to you. My agent said it’s a small company.”

Dou Zhiyuan looked confused and Qi Le An did not say anything else. He was already so enthusiastic, so he couldn’t show too much initiative.

Therefore, Qi Le An returned to his room and left Dou Zhiyuan alone in the living room to read the message and think.

He had just returned to his room when Wei Chang Feng’s WeChat message came.

Qi Le An sat there, replying to Wei Chang Feng with a smile. Wei Changfeng had to be a guest performer in a crew, which would take him half a month. The two of them planned to go traveling together during National Day. And Wei Chang Feng wanted to take Qi Le An back to New Zealand.

This trip was set by Qi Le An at the beginning of this semester. Their visas and other items had been settled, so they were only waiting for the holiday in the next week.

If he could get “The Coffin” before he left, it would be awesome!

After sending a message for a while, Wei Chang Feng was about to work and Qi Le An also went out of the room. In the living room, Dou Zhiyuan seemed to make up his mind. Qi Le An handed a book about screenwriting to Dou Zhiyuan and said, “This book has always been in my house, but I haven’t read it… Take it if you want. It’s said that it’s a Bible of screenwriting.”

The sky-blue hardcover looked textured. Dou Zhiyuan refused, “I can’t take this…”

“Just take it.” Qi Le An handed the book to Dou Zhiyuan and said, “It’s a waste to leave it with me. I like the story of ‘The Coffin’. You’re also very amazing!”

Dou Zhiyuan blushed and said shyly, “I’m not as good as what you described.”

Qi Le An smiled and said, “By the way, when are you going to meet the producer of that company?”

Dou Zhiyuan hurriedly answered, “Tomorrow afternoon.”

Qi Le An thought about it and said, “It’s good for you to have this meeting. Well, you don’t have to make a hasty decision. If you don’t mind, I can help you inspect it. And I can ask if other bigger companies need any script.”

Dou Zhiyuan was overjoyed and said, “Ah? Thank you. I really appreciate it! ”

Qi Le An said, “It’s okay, but I don’t know if I can get their replies. You can send me the script in an electronic version, and I’ll ask for you. Oh, don’t you mind?”

“Of course not!” Dou Zhiyuan trusted Qi Le An and thanked Qi Le An a few times.

Not long after sending Du Zhiyuan away, Qi Le An really received the script of “The Coffin”. Then Qi Le An sent it to Wei Chang Feng. After half an hour, Wei Chang Feng asked about it via WeChat.

Wei Sama: Is it the script that Yin Yan picked for you?

An: Nah. How did you think about it?

Wei Sama: Quite satisfactory. There are wonderful plots, and it would be popular after being well propagandized.

Qi Le An laughed after seeing the comment. Compared to the high-budget movies Wei Chang Feng had taken part in, the script of “The Coffin” could only be described as “quite satisfactory”. And the fact that “The Coffin” in its last version could harvest high box offices was related to its good propaganda.

An: Do you remember Dou Zhiyuan? The one who accidentally hurt me while shooting the Better Days. He wrote this story and I think it’s great!

An: I want to watch Wei Sama act!