120. Accept The Invitation To Act In A Movie

Mrs. Chen said firmly, and Qi Le An couldn’t think of an excuse to refuse.

Luckily, Chen Shan’s baby sister came to his rescue, suddenly crying loudly at this moment. She might have had a nightmare, and she was choked by tears. Mrs. Chen anxiously hugged and soothed her daughter, forgetting about Qi Le An for the moment.

Qi Le An let out a sigh of relief.

Mrs. Chen and the two nannies soothed the baby for over ten minutes before the baby gradually calmed down and went back to sleep.

At this moment, Chen Shan pushed the door open and came in.

Just as he was about to speak loudly, Mrs. Chen patted him and said, “Hush. Your sister has just fallen asleep.”

Chen Shan lowered his voice with a hurt look on his face, “I haven’t said anything yet.”

Mrs. Chen sneered coldly. “Did you call your sister Fatty Girl in front of others?”

Chen Shan was lost for words.

The family went out of the baby’s room. All the guests had gone, and the servants were cleaning up the living room. Mrs. Chen asked Chen Shan and Qi Le An to the dining room, “Song has just made lunch. Come and eat.”

Qi Le An didn’t eat at the banquet, nor did Chen Shan. They sat down in the dining room, and the servants quickly served lunch.

After a while, Mr. Chen went downstairs after he took off the serious suit and got changed.

This was the first time Qi Le An came to the Chen house, and Mrs. Chen and Chen Shan obviously didn’t treat him as an outsider. When Mrs. Chen was about to put some ginger chicken in Qi Le An’s bowl with chopsticks, Chen Shan snatched it away blatantly and said, “He doesn’t eat ginger.”

Mr. Chen glared at his son and said, “You have no manners.”

Chen Shan shrugged without saying anything. Mrs. Chen said with a smile, “I just told An upstairs that I want to take him as my godson.”

Chen Shan got choked, coughing.

Mrs. Chen obviously hadn’t discussed this with her husband yet, so she said, “Chen, what do you think?”

Mr. Chen looked at Qi Le An and said calmly, “Does Le An agree? I like him a lot.”

Mrs. Chen smiled and looked at Qi Le An. “Le An, you definitely won’t refuse me, right?”

Chen Shan shouted with frustration, “What is going on? Does anyone care about my opinion?”

Qi Le An was surprised that Mrs. Chen mentioned this at the dinner table. His shock was no less than that of Chen Shan. He was stuck in a dilemma, not knowing what to do.

At the critical moment, Chen Shan came to his rescue. “Le An will be overwhelmed by your enthusiasm and won’t come next time.”

Mrs. Chen put on a sad look. “Le An, don’t you like me?”

Qi Le An said wryly, “Mrs. Chen, you are very kind to me.”

Mrs. Chen said with a smile, “Don’t you want to be my godson?”

It was inappropriate to refuse at this stage. Qi Le An looked at Chen Shan, who was speechless, so he said, “Okay… Godmother?”

Mrs. Chen laughed heartily, and Qi Le An had a strange feeling.

After his parents died in an accident, he had never felt any warmth from family members. He had been to Wei Chang Feng’s home a few times, and he envied him.