49. Birthday Party

Wei Chang Feng on the other side of the phone went silent for a while, and then he said, “Okay.”

Qi Le An said nothing, but his eyes were red.

With Wei Chang Feng was a smart man, it was not difficult for him to guess what Qi Le An was talking about. Qi Le An didn’t mean to take advantage of Wei Chang Feng’s power, it never occurred to him that he could use him.

But Wei Chang Feng asked him what his birthday wish was in such a soft voice on a tender night like this, so he blurted it out.

“Go back to sleep.” Wei Chang Feng’s voice was still so gentle, like a quiet lake under the moonlight.

Qi Le An was choked, “Good night…”

After hanging up the phone, Qi Le An could not fall asleep. He turned sideways and looked out the window. The pollution in the city was not as bad as in recent years. Through the curtains, Qi Le An could still see a few stars in the sky.

Qi Le An just kept staring at the skyline gradually stained with warm color, the stars slowly giving way to the sunlight at dawn.

He suffered insomnia that night. He just stared at the sky in a daze until he got a call from Chen Shan.

“Happy birthday!” Chen Shan said, “Are you awake? Are you still in bed!”

“No, I’m answering your call during sleepwalking.” Qi Le An cleared his throat and replied.

“I’ll be at your place in half an hour! You have to scrub up before I come!” Chen Shan joked.

Qi Le An knew that Chen Shan was trying to cheer him up, so he said, “I will.”

Chen Shan nodded and hung up the phone.

Qi Le An got up, made the bed, and opened the window for fresh air before he went to the bathroom. Looking at himself in the mirror, Qi Le An couldn’t help feeling that he should cherish the days when he could still look so good after a sleepless night.

Chen Shan arrived at Qi Le An’s in half an hour as he promised. However, to Qi Le An’s surprise, Chen Shan brought some food in the thermos.

Qi Le An looked at the thermos and asked in surprise: “What is this?”

Chen Shan said calmly, “Breakfast for you.”

Qi Le An looked at the thermos and couldn’t help but lift the lid. It was a serve of longevity noodles with a round poached egg on top.

Qi Le An was dumbfounded and exclaimed, “You didn’t do this yourself, did you?”

Chen Shan suddenly said, “How is that possible! Me? Cooking? Just eat it already!”

Qi Le An felt an unspeakable feeling in his heart Chen Shan cooked this for him and he rushed here after the phone call.

There was a pair of exquisite chopsticks in the bag. The chopsticks were made of ebony, which was not from small restaurants for sure.

Qi Le An sat by a small table in the apartment, “Thank you for doing this.”

“This is longevity noodles, you can’t break them in half while eating!” Chen Shan reminded him.

Qi Le An nodded, he took a bite of the egg and said, “It’s delicious, thank you for cooking.”

“I said it’s not me who cooked this!” Chen Shan pouted, but after a while, he added, “It’s my mom.”

Qi Le An was choked immediately.

He never expected that Chen Shan would ask his mother to make him a bowl of noodles!