29. Film and Television Department

As the most famous entertainment company in the whole country, Glory’s office building was designed by an award-winning architect and now it was one of the landmarks in Hai city.

Numerous stars had gained fame and fortune in this building, even the security guards in Glory looked taller and stronger than anywhere else. But what people didn’t know was all the dirty tricks the management had played in this pretty building.

Qi Le An knew the way to Mrs. Wang’s office quite well, he took the elevator for the trainees and walked to the end of the hallway in excitement.

Knock knock.

Mrs. Wang opened the door promptly, “You are here, An, come on in.”

Qi Le An smiled at Mrs. Wang who was in her mid-forties, Mrs. Wang had applied layers of makeup to cover the traces of time on her face, unfortunately,y the result turned out to be just the opposite of her wish, she looked like she was wearing a heavy mask.

To Qi Le An’s surprise, Mrs. Wang was not the only one in her office. There were Mr. Li and a man he had never met.

The young man looked several years older than Qi Le An, he was so pleasing to the eye that Qi Le An thought there must be a lot of people who would think he was a movie star.

“This is Qi Le An.” Mrs. Wang turned around and nodded at the young man.

Qi Le An smiled at the young man and met his gaze without flinching.

The young man looked Qi Le An up and down, then he hurried Mrs. Wang to go through the formalities now that Qi Le An was here.

Mr. Li chimed in, “But Chen, An is our... ...”

The young man named Chen replied with impatience before Mr. Li could finish the sentence, “I know he is one of your trainees, but the management has already approved it, understood?”

Mrs. Wang forced a laugh to smooth things over, “An, you are so lucky that the most celebrated director in China, Director Chen, wants you for an audition. Make sure you give your all and don’t let us down.”

Qi Le An didn’t know how exactly Wei Chang Feng had arranged this, he just said, “Thank you so much, Mrs. Wang, I will do my best.”

Mrs. Wang then handed a few forms to Chen, Chen took a glance at the form and signed his name. Then he handed it to Qi Le An, Qi Le An read the clauses subtly before he signed his name.

Blue veins stood out on Mr. Li’s temples when Qi Le An handed the forms to him, of cours,e Mr. Li would be furious, he would no longer ‘own’ Qi Le An once he signed his name on the form.

Qi Le An noticed the form said Qi Le An would be temporarily transferred to ‘Film and Television Cooperation Department’, he didn’t know much about this department, but he was so happy that he had escaped from Mr. Li.

One of the most important reasons that Glory was able to stand rock-firm inthe  entertainment circle, among others, was because of its resources, the company was able to produce dramas shows and movies by itself, and it had been looking for cooperation with other companies proactively as well. Film and Television Cooperation Department carried a big weight in Glory for cooperation with other big players could be of great benefit to the substantial development.

Wei Chang Feng recommended Qi Le An to Director Chen, Director Chen contacted his friend in Glory and mentioned Qi Le An.

Of cours,e the management in Glory would kill for the opportunity to work with Director Chen, well-informed as them, they knew Director Chen had been making preparations for a big-budget production, so they told the Film and Television Cooperation Department to grab Qi Le An’s in their own hands in case other departments wanted to have a finger in the pie.