30. Boy You Need A Makeover

Qi Le An cleared his throat and said, “It’s just... I wasn’t expecting you would get me so much stuff, thank you so much, Chen Ge.”

“We have talked about this no more thank you this thank you that,” Chen pretended he was annoyed, then he resumed the poker face, “All righty, I’m starving, shall we get some food?”

Qi Le An nodded, he grabbed his key and left the room with Chen.

Qi Le An didn’t have a proper kitchen in his apartment, but there was a canteen and also a gym, a lounge, and a small library on the ground floor.

They went to the canteen and selected a few dishes using Chen’s employee card, Chen handed Qi Le An a card after they were seated, “Here is your new card.”

Qi Le An took the card which said actor, Film, and Television Cooperation Department, with his name and photo on it.

Then Chen grabbed a folder from his bag, “This is yours as well, I hate beating around the bush, so I’m just gonna put it bluntly, we both know I’m assigned for you to follow up your audition with Director Chen. I have prepared some documents for you to learn, please have a look.”

Qi Le An nodded, he started to appreciate Chen’s attitude towards him even more, Chen didn’t show the slightest trace of flattering after he knew Qi Le An might have a chance to work with Director Chen.

And Chen didn’t pester him with even one question that why a trainee like him could have a chance to do an audition with Director Chen. There was only one drama, To Perish Demons, in Qi Le An’s portfolio that was not enough! But Chen didn’t pry into Qi Le An’s personal life at all.

Qi Le An appreciated Chen’s work attitude.

Chen rose to his feet and bought two drinks while Qi Le An opened the folder and had a look at the documents.

“Are we ready to dive in?” Chen put a drink on Qi Le An’s side of the table.

Qi Le An put the documents away and nodded.

“Right, I almost forgot to tell you, you will get a monthly subsidy starting this month... ... your situation is indeed complicated.”

Qi Le An knew what Chen meant, he was transferred to a different apartment now, Mr. Li would suspend his monthly allowance for sure. But he was underage now, the new apartment should come up with some special means to pay him.

Qi Le An just smiled at Chen apologetically in silence, he wondered whether Chen was aware of his economic situation or not.

They went back to Qi Le An’s new apartment after lunch, Chen told Qi Le An that the audition was on that Sunday so he had to watch all of Director Chen’s work before the weekend.

Qi Le An nodded, daunting it sounded for Director Chen was quite prolific, but he knew Chen was saying that for his own good.

Chen was a bit surprised that Qi Le An didn’t protest, he added, “Read all the documents I just gave you, they are the highlights in Director Chen’s interviews.”

“Don’t worry, Chen Ge!” 

“I’m taking you to see a stylist the day after tomorrow, and a photo shoot in the afternoon. Boy, you need a makeover and some serious shopping to do! Tomorrow, tomorrow you are free though.” Chen cast a meaningful look at Qi Le An when he said Qi Le An was free the day after.

Qi Le An heaved a sigh of relief for he was still so sore from the punishment.

“I won’t nag you or anything, I’m sure you know how precious this audition is, just let me know if you need anything, all right?”