32. The Prologue Of The Audition

Chen Shan was one of the major shareholder’s son, he was one of those kids who were born with a silver spoon in his mouth. His parents were old when they had him, so they doted on him even more. They sent him abroad since he was in high school, this rich kid lead a befuddled life for several years and came back to his parents with no true skill or genuine knowledge but fluent English ability.

Chen Shan’s father thought back and forth to himself and decided to send this son of his to Glory. ‘It’s good to let him go through arduous hardships in show business, the kid needs to grow up!’ thought Chen Shan’s father.

The manager of Film and Television Cooperation Department overtaxed himself on hearing that Chen Shan was going to work for him, he had no idea how to deal with this hot potato. As luck would have it, Director Chen mentioned Qi Le An’s name to him, the manager figured it might be a good idea to arrange for Chen Shan to work with this aspiring trainee who was going to audition for Director Chen’s movie.

On one hand, if the trainee was lucky and passed the audition, Chen Shan would have an auspicious start in his career. On the other hand, no one could blame the manager if the trainee failed the audition, he could find some other opportunity for Chen Shan by then.

Chen Shan strongly disapproved of the arrangement at the beginning for all he wanted was to be some dummy director in the office and have some affairs with some starlets. But he changed his mind when he met Qi Le An, he saw the resilience and determination from the young man’s eyes and he was appalled when he heard how Mr. Li treated Qi Le An, he believed Qi Le An had what took to became a star, so he decided to do his best to bring the best of the young man and himself.

This was the first time Chen Shan had been someone’s manager, but he was born confident, he told his father that he was going to make Qi Le An the biggest movie star in China.

With that being said, our proud Chen Shan was still learning to become the best manager. He bought a pile of books and read them around the clock, among which was The Best Manager in Hollywood, How to Thrive in Show Business, Marketing and Show Business... ...

It was destiny that had brought the two young men together, they worked together and supported each other to when Qi Le An had won his first Best Actor Award. Their stories had become an interesting story on every young manager’s lips years after Chen Shan left the circle and took over the family business from his parents.

The first challenge in front of them now was Better Days.

Qi Le An prepared a whole week for the audition, Chen Shan had been nervous for Qi Le An for a whole week as well. Chen Shan drove Qi Le An to Linda for hair and makeup early on Saturday morning for the audition in a studio in Hai City.

Director Chen placed great expectations on this movie, the Male Lead Xing was going to be starred by Wei Chang Feng while the Female Lead Susan was going to be starred by a Hong Kong actress Ya-Ting who was Qin Xing’s favorite movie star.

Ya-Ting was in her early thirties, but her physical charms would let everyone forget about her age.

This audition was mainly for three characters, Susan’s boyfriend, Xing’s younger male cousin Cheng and elder female cousin Hua.

Director Chen attached great importance to this audition, he had even invited Wei Chang Feng and Ya-Ting to watch this audition.

Qi Le An was so restless with anxiety in the car that Chen Shan kept giving him hints with the eyes, ‘boy, you need to calm down!’

The two showed the staff invitations and walked to the waiting area, three actors were here for Xing’s younger male cousin Cheng, Qi Le An, Li Zhe Yu, and Wu Ge.