93. Pregnant

That night, when Chu Cheng Yuan came back from massaging, he thought he could have a good night’s sleep, but he did not expect to have a nightmare all night.

When he was young, he knew that his mother was his father’s mistress. His father who promised to get a divorce and marry his mother broke his promise after he found his wife was pregnant.

But his father convinced his mother to become his mistress because his wife gave birth to a daughter instead of a son.

Chu Cheng Yuan hated his birth but he couldn’t hate his mother.

Chu Cheng Yuan was an extremely insecure person. He always felt that he had only got his mother in this cruel world. But that night, he had a dream. In his dream, his mother met a great man. The two of them decided to get married, his mother started a new family not long after she got remarried.

His mother, who had always been so gentle and loving towards him suddenly said to him, ” Yuan, it’s time to say goodbye. Don’t come back, I don’t need you anymore.”

“Don’t come back, I don’t need you anymore.” With that his mother stroked her bulging belly, she was pregnant.

In his dream, Chu Cheng Yuan seemed to be around four or five years old. He tugged his father’s clothes, begging his father to not leave, but his father ignored him and pulled him away, his back hit the corner of the tea table.

He cried and stared at his mother, looking for help. He thought his mother would rush to him and comfort him, but to his surprise, his mother turned away and repeated, “Don’t come back, I don’t need you anymore.”

Chu Cheng Yuan was so startled that he woke up from the dream!

He couldn’t fall asleep anymore. His first reaction was to get his phone and dial his mother’s number. However, as soon as he entered the number, Chu Cheng Yuan suddenly realized that it was only four o’clock in the morning and his mother must still be asleep.

Chu Cheng Yuan put down his phone in a dispirited manner. He sat on the bed in a daze until daybreak.

That morning, everyone found that Chu Cheng Yuan was in a poor state.

Qi Le An’s first scene in the morning was at six o’clock, so he arrived early. When Chu Cheng Yuan arrived at nine o’clock, Qi Le An exclaimed in surprise, “Cheng Yuan, what happened to you? Are you sick?”

Crew members around them switched their gazes on Chu Cheng Yuan, they all echoed Qi Le An and asked Chu Cheng Yuan was all right.

Chu Cheng Yuan touched his face and forced a smile, “Really? It’s okay, I didn’t sleep well last night…”

After that, Chu Cheng Yuan’s expression became worse.

Chu Cheng Yuan was a very serious and dedicated actor, he always delivered on set. But this morning, he lost all his mojo! He even froze in the camera for about ten seconds before he apologized to the director that he forgot his line.

Forgetting lines! What a taboo for a professional actor!

If you didn’t perform well, the director could forgive you. If you couldn’t grasp the feelings, the director can explain them to you. But there was not much the director could do when you forgot the lines.

This was the first time Chu Cheng Yuan had such a situation and Director Yang frowned. But when he froze for the third time, Director Yang, who had always been good-tempered, finally couldn’t stand it anymore. “What’s the matter with you?”

This was a scene where Chu Cheng Yuan’s character reported to his official superior. It was a simple scene, Director Yang fumed when Chu Cheng Yuan failed for the third time!