34. The Bane Of Mr. Li's Life

Qi Le An didn’t have any pockets, he had to carry the gift bag in hand.

To Qi Le An’s surprise, Chen Shan didn’t ask him what that was, he simply asked, “So, how are we going to celebrate?”

“Hmm, I remember someone told me he was taking to the hot pot after the audition.” Qi Le An showed a playful smile.

Chen Shan laughed, “Haha, that someone is me.”

Once again, Qi Le An started to feel guilty for not trusting Chen Shan without reservation.

Chen Shan was so switched-on all the time, he respected the boundaries between them and never had he pried for information... ...

Soon the two arrived at Hidilao, the best hot pot restaurant. Chen Shan asked the receptionist for a private room, it was an experience for Qi Le An to see the way Chen Shan ordered. It seemed like he had forgotten he was ordering for just the two of them, Qi Le An kept reminding him, “Chen Ge, are you sure? I think this is more than enough for the two of us, plus we can always order more later.”

“We can always have them as a takeaway.” Chen Shan didn’t even raise his head.

The way hot pot was served was ideal for people to communicate, to get to know each other better. You needed to check the other guests which soup base they liked, and it took a little while to stew the ingredients in the soup base, so naturally, people would mingle more.

The two talked and laughed, Qi Le An got to be a boy and made jokes with Chen Shan that night and he deemed that a luxury.

“An, can you please wait for me in the car?” asked Chen Shan when he asked for the bill.

Qi Le An knew Chen Shan didn’t want Qi Le An to see how much the dinner cost or felt obliged, and Qi Le An appreciated that. But Qi Le An knew it was at least 400 Yuan, which was almost half of what he had in total.

Chen Shan drove Qi Le An back to his apartment and told him that they were going to Glory to read the contract draft and they would sign the contract the day after tomorrow if everything went well.

“Oh, sounds good.” it took Qi Le An a little while to reply.

The thing was he was surprised Chen Shan was taking him to read the draft, he was only told to sign his names here and there when he signed the contract for To Perish Demons.

Qi Le An opened the gift bag that Wei Chang Feng gave him, it was a rocking horse figurine made of crystal.

It was a pony with dark and sparkling eyes and a wagging tail, Qi Le An fondled it admiringly. Then he put it on the table, the pony started to rock backward and forwards like a roly-poly toy.

Qi Le An chuckled, he texted Wei Chang Feng asking him why would Wei Chang Feng think about him when he saw this crystal pony.

Qi Le An stared at the pony glistening under the light, he couldn’t help but imagine how Wei Chang Feng picked this present and wrapped it. But he averted his gaze soon and permitted himself a wry smile, ‘No way would he go pick a present for me, he just happened to see it, that’s all!’

Qi Le An and Chen Shan went to Glory to read the contract, Chen Shan swiped his access card and took Qi Le An to VP’s office.

VP cried bitterness on seeing the substantial shareholder’s son, it was not like Chen Shan always found fault with him, he just wished to stay at a respectful distance from Chen Shan.

With that being said, the VP greeted Chen Shan with a broad smile, “Hey, Little Shan, you are here.”

Chen Shan nodded and said, “I’m here to read the contract draft with Qi Le An.”