20. Fight

Qi Le An had felt Mr. Li’s attitude towards him had changed after they were back in Hai City. Mr. Li was neither friendly nor aloof towards Qi Le An, everything just felt lukewarm. But Mr. Li had attached great importance to Yan Lang, he didn’t mention a word about Yan Lang’s imperfections in the performance to the other trainees, he told everyone that Yan Lang had been working hard and has set a good example for them.

People in show business were the most snobbish bunch, so were the young trainees. They all had sensed Qi Le An had been out of favor with Mr. Li, so they had ganged up and bullied Qi Le An in a flagrant way for they were all jealous of Qi Le An for shooting To Perish Demons.

Little things like ruining his outfits or knocking his desk over, it was a shame that Qi Le An couldn’t teach them a lesson using the system because he had no idea who did that. To make is worse, Mr. Li chose to turn a blind eye to that, leaving those rascals more unscrupulous.

Qi Le An thought about using the system to remind Mr. Li, but he gave up the idea because he didn’t want to indulge himself with negative energies.

Half a month had passed, the crew of To Perish Demons hit promotion tours. Qi Le An paid close attention to the show in his last life, he had even studied why the show became such a hit, it had everything to do with the promotion.

Back in 2011, there were no restrictions about the maximum number of TV stations that could cooperate with a drama, so it seemed like every channel on TV started to promote the drama and play trailers overnight.

Meanwhile, the crew had travelled over thirty cities in a road show tour to communicate with the fans, that was the first time that a TV drama had adopt road show promotion in China. There were numerous posts about the show online as well, the crew surely had created enough marketing buzz.

To Qi Le An’s surprise, he was informed that he needed to travel to 25 cities to promote the show. Stupefied, he pointed at the schedule sheet and asked Mr. Li, “Is there some miscommunication? How come I need to travel to so many cities, I’m just an unknown trainee.”

Mr. Li smiled, “This is a good opportunity for you, our company worked hard to get you to travel to so many cities, don’t let us down.”

25 cities within 20 days. Qi Le An frowned and clenched his fists, that was no healthy promotions means, that was exploiting.

But there was nothing Qi Le An could do, like Mr. Li said, that was an opportunity for him. Qi Le An told himself that he would overcome the formidable obstacles and shine.

With that in mind, Qi Le An started packing. The crew would kick off the tour in Hai City the day after by holding a press conference, Hu Bin, Lin Xue and other actors would travel to different cities for the road show tour, poor Qi Le An needed to travel to the most cities.

Mr. Li asked Qi Le An to come meet him after he was done packing, Mr. Li smiled, “An, have you taken a good look at the schedule sheet?”

“Yes, Mr. Li.”

Mr. Li nodded, “How do you think of it? Can you do it?”

‘What is that supposed to mean? You want to reschedule it and take a few cities out of the sheet?’ thought Qi Le An.

“It’s a lot, right? The management cares for your health, you don’t need to attend the press conference tomorrow, just start your tour the day after tomorrow.”

Qi Le An stood transfixed, obviously the press conference was the most featured promotion means, the whole crew would show up and do interviews, including Wei Chang Feng. Qi Le An found it absurd that Mr. Li was asking him not to attend it.