105. Travel

Wei Chang Feng was traveling light while Qi Le An spent most of the night packing up a 24-inch suitcase. It took 12 hours to fly to New Zealand from Hai City. The time that the two got to enjoy themselves was actually only four days, but  Qi Le An still felt so excited that he couldn’t sleep.

Qi Le An got off the plane full of energy and cried out in surprise when he saw the blue sky. Fortunately, no one here knew him, otherwise, he would be laughed at once he got exposed in the news.

The two transferred in Wellingshan and headed straight for Wanaka. Wanaka had just been in spring since October. The indigo sky corresponded to the snowy mountain in the distance, and the air carried a fresh smell. Qi Le An fell in love with this place instantly.

“Is it cold?” asked Wei Chang Feng as he pushed his luggage.

Qi Le An wore a denim jacket and shook his head with a smile as he said, “Not at all! This is perfect, Wei Sama!”

Wei Chang Feng smiled and let Qi Le An enjoy himself. After they left the airport, they rented a car. Wei Chang Feng put his luggage in the trunk and said, “It takes about an hour to get to the farm. Have some sleep.”

Qi Le An shook his head and said excitedly, “I’m not sleepy at all!” After that, he started taking pictures of everything with his phone.

New Zealand was sparsely populated, where only a few cars sped by occasionally on the picturesque road. Over the years, the Wei family’s business had shifted overseas, and they settled here because Lady Wei loved the scenery here. This time, the Wanaka farmhouse that the two were going to visit was one of the Wei family’s properties where Wei Chang Feng’s parents would usually come and stay for a short period if they were not busy.

A while ago, Wei Chang Feng also lived here in recuperation, working as a farmer for three months by the beautiful lake of Wanaka.

It was Qi Le An’s first time going abroad. Everything was new to him. After getting out of the car, he looked at the farmhouse with awe. The three-story cabin in front of him seemed like an elf’s residence. He had seen it before when he made video calls with Wei Chang Feng, but it was so different to see it with his own eyes!

Hearing the sound, the Border Collie came out and Qi Le An exclaimed excitedly, “Momo!”

There was another dog behind Momo and Qi Le An recognized it was Three at a glance.

Momo stood looking curiously at Qi Le An. Three however wasn’t shy when seeing strangers, wagging his tail and rushing to Qi Le An to play with him.

Wei Chang Feng parked the car and got out. Momo barked excitedly when seeing its owner. Someone on the farm heard the noise and came out, surprised to see Wei Chang Feng.

Qi Le An saw the blond blue-eyed aunt laughing and speaking to Wei Chang Feng, who answered fluently in English. The two of them probably spoke about him. The kind-looking aunt smiled and welcomed him.

Qi Le An had no choice but to say hello with his poor English. The aunt smiled and called Momo to the farm behind.

Wei Chang Feng led Qi Le An into the cabin. He turned around and said, “Usually Jenny manages the farm with her husband. She makes great coffee.”

Qi Le An whispered, “I think this place is awesome!”

Wei Chang Feng’s eyes were full of smiles as he took Qi Le An to the small attic on the third floor. The entire room was bathed in the golden sun and Qi Le An’s nose was filled with the fragrance of wood. The bed in the middle was white and soft. Sitting on the bed, one could see the gem-like lake and the endless snowy mountain.