A visit from two of the nine witches

27 March 2016, Another GP starts at the WBRC, this time the second race held in Sweden, Diana managed to qualify a little better staying in fourth place, even if it was closer to Europe, only Akko, Bernadette and Laura were present, because the tickets are a little expensive.

Runway name: Braarpasjön Lake Broom Raceway

Foundation: 1643

Track length: 7.12 km

Number of laps: 130

Number of turns: 24

Location: Anderstop, Sweden.

Last winner (2015): Evelyn Schwarz (9) (GER) (HSP)

Fastest lap (of all time): Louise Du Nord (0) (FRA) (Lavoiette) 0:32:778 816 km/h (1927)

One of the oldest broom tracks in the world, the track has not changed much since the foundation only having the addition of a few chicanes after the death of Giovanna Bianchi in 1928, being added the following year, its participation as a classic track is more than remarkable, having as a main characteristic the snow, which depending on the month that the race is held may have great chances to occur at the site and in the middle of the race, Braarpasjön was one of the tracks that has been on since the first edition of the WBRC, known for being a high speed track with many high and medium turns, being very complicated and dangerous to overtake, but even so the historical factor always makes the races that take place there very exciting, even more because it is one of the shortest tracks on the calendar.

- Here we are for another Grand Prix of the 2016 edition of the World Broom Racing Championship, in the first race we had a huge surprise with Diana Cavendish, a rookie who got a podium.

- This time the same Cavendish will start in fourth position, performing a miracle in qualifying with her Omega Julietta, Fey Williams will start in pole position.

Says Freya.

The formation lap is given without major problems until the race starts, the grid order is 65/51/9/2/10/22/88/98/33/27/66/93/17/0/18/55/6/1/31/99/44/91/48/11/69, and starts at the Anderstop circuit.

- And now! The red light comes out! The green light signals the beginning! And lights out, and so we begin a World Broom Racing Championship race!

Says Harriet.

- Diana Cavendish can pinch a podium there right away.

Says Freya while Diana was almost passing Evelyn Schwarz.

The track favoured high speed, but the high speed setup was not very reliable with the Omega Julietta brooms, which was very complicated for Diana to gain some position no matter how low speed the first sector was, the HSP brooms were much superior and Evelyn Schwarz was a very experienced racer, soon opening up an advantage over Diana.

Because it was a short and high-speed track, overtaking was quite common during the laps, with a highlight for Erika Wolff who was starting from seventh position and was just behind Diana, around lap number 17 of 130.

It doesn't take long and Evelyn Schwarz manages to take the lead on lap 40 of 130, while Diana was finally in third place as she passed Melanie in the chicane that leads the main straight, making Akko, Laura and Bernadette jump for joy.

The race continued without many changes of position until lap 58 of 130 when there were only with one or two racers competing for positions from behind, with a big highlight for Julia who was starting from 10th position and was already in sixth place, until an accident involving Elsie Schekter caused a safety broom to be called.

During the two laps the safety broom was passing, all the racers were lined up, leaving Evelyn Schwarz's 15-second lead over her team mate almost non-existent, but Fey decided to stop at the pits and swap wings, giving a position to Erika Wolff who had passed Diana on lap 55 of 130, so the race returned normally, with Diana having a very safe podium to her.