Argentina GP

23th July 2017, a week has passed since the Canadian GP, the accident only left a few open wounds in Diana, it was just to pass some dressings and cover the wounds by bandaging the parts around, most of the injuries were in the thigh and hip region, that week nothing very interesting happened except a training of the couple by Laura, who was a little more pushed than normal.

The Cavendish Kagari couple were as always staying at a hotel near the track where the next race would be held, this time it is the Argentina GP, Diana got the pole position and Akko was second with just 0.091 seconds behind Cavendish, The two of them were getting ready as usual and after they were ready they go to the cafeteria and sit next to Evelyn Schwarz and Fey Williams, talking about relationships until they finish eating and go to the circuit and separate in the pits of their teams.

Only Laura and Bernadette of Cavendish Kagari couple friends came to see the race, as well as Phoebe Morris, they wanted to take advantage of the fact that it was winter in the southern hemisphere and after the race to travel further west to enjoy and ski in the Andes, Diana and Akko even decided to stay there for a while to enjoy that romantic trip, before returning to the UK again.

Track name: Circuito de Santa Rosa

Founded: 1876

Track length: 15.37 km

Number of laps: 60

Number of turns: 35

Location: Santa Rosa, Argentina

Last winner (2016): Melanie Van Der Strauss (51) (NED) (Scuderia Carlucci)

Fastest lap (of all time): Louise Du Nord (0) (FRA) (Lavoiette) 1:14:789 738 km/h (1924)

One of the most historic tracks of the WBRC, the Santa Rosa circuit was an attempt to bring Argentina to the WBRC, which already had a champion of the same country, one until it was considered one of the largest of the sport Joana Manuela Farina, who won 6 titles in the years 1842, 1846, 1847, 1848, 1849, 1850, the circuit itself does not provide many intense disputes, But the biggest challenge in itself are the 35 turns of the circuit, which make the runners compete more against themselves than with the racers, being a track that has only one main straight and the rest of the track are only low and medium speed turns, until the last one that reaches the main straight.

After some time the presentation lap starts the weather was quite dry and with the sky open, it was 14C/57F, on a sunny winter day, but quite cold, the racers after the presentation lap line up on the grid in the order 2/25/21/65/27/22/18/9/98/17/10/11/0/44/1/31/99/42/91/66/93/6/48/69/55, then the lights signal the start.

- And now! The red light comes out! The green light signals the beginning! And lights out, and so we begin a World Broom Racing Championship race!

Says Harriet.

Akko has a great start and soon passes Diana who also had a great start, but the Kagari had a perfect reaction time, that was already in the lead of the race, while Julia gradually took advantage to win a podium position through Fey Williams and Megan Jordan.

Lap 1 of 60, Akko finishes the lap in first position, Diana saw just behind holding second place without attacking Akko, while Julia was going with everything towards Cavendish, wanting to win that race.

- Go, Diana! Go Akko! You get girls!

Says Laura.

Lap 2 of 60, Diana noticing that she was in a threatened position tries as much as possible not to be overtaken, but Julia manages to find a gap in the turns of the track and overtakes Cavendish with everything in an overtaking accompanied even by a skid on the outside line.