Italy GP

April 23, 2017, In Montecchio, Italy, another World Broom Racing Championship race is about to begin, in a season that is having a very fierce competition, in the first three races had different winners, something that did not happen so often, Even more of different teams climbing the podium, Bekkerts, Victoria, HSP, Green Horse and Scuderia Carlucci, were battling each other for the title, which was another very unusual thing to happen as usually one team dominated the whole year or two fought each other.

The Cavendish Kagari couple were preparing as usual for the race that will happen, where Akko got the pole position the day before, having to be pleased by Cavendish on the night of that day, after being ready and having a meal, the two go to the Maria Carlucci circuit and separate in the pits.

Track name: Maria Carlucci Circuit

Foundation: 1726

Track length: 11.25km

Number of laps: 75

Number of turns: 17

Location: Montecchio, Italy

Last winner (2016): Erika Wolff (88) (GER) (Carlucci)

Fastest lap (of all time): Giovanna Bianchi (42) (BRA) (Leaf) 0:47:992 845 km/h (1928)

The Maria Carlucci circuit was created after the death of Valentina Carlucci's daughter, the founder of Scuderia Carlucci, Maria had died of natural causes and in honor of Valentina's eldest daughter, she decided to create a track for the WBRC so that the Italian GP would have a circuit to match since the circuit that was part of the Italian GP until 1720 was very dangerous, There were many deaths, until in 1726 the Maria Carlucci circuit was finally finished, which is a very high speed track, without much danger, except for the Ucissora de Scopa curve, where it is very high speed made without braking generally, some of the accidents that happened in this curve have already taken some lives.

Laura, Bernadette and Hellene came to watch the race, as well as Croix, Chariot and the twins who completed their first birthday on the 18th, as well as the presence of the students of Luna Nova, it was already 1 o'clock in the afternoon, the sky was covered with rain forecasting 11C/51F at that time, While drizzling, wetting the track, the presentation lap starts to many of the runners went with rain wings and lined up on the grid in the order 25/2/27/9/22/98/18/65/21/10/11/0/44/1/48/69/17/55/31/99/42/91/66/93/6, then the lights go out and the race starts.

- And now! The red light comes out! The green light signals the beginning! And lights out, and so we begin a World Broom Racing Championship race!

Says Harriet.

Akko has a great start and is already out in front, just like Diana and Julia who are out with Kagari, the brooms are almost all out together and going with all speed, until they reach the first corner that was very high speed, where the brooms at that time released magical sparks and passed through the curve with everything, but in this some of the racers get into accidents, causing in the first lap a yellow flag and a safety broom be called, Elsie Scheketer had spread too much in the first corner and took 6 other racers along.

- Whoa! But that's fantastic! The race has barely started and we already have an accident.

Says Harriet.

Lap 3 of 75, after 6 abandonments on the first lap and two laps with safety broom until the track is released again for the race back, then the green flag is given and soon the runners go back with everything, in that Megan Jordan who was in ninth position, soon passes Fey Williams in the first corner going with everything and with courage.

- It seems Megan Jordan has taken advantage of safety broom and is already gaining a position in an incredible way!

Says Harriet.