The 2017 season of the WBRC starts!

March 5, 2017, a few months go by, there are only 3 months left of school so that the girls can graduate in Luna Nova, at the beginning of the year, Diana begins studies to manage Luna Nova, only Akko knew that Cavendish was studying for that, having classes in particular with director Holbrooke.

The 2017 World Broom Racing season begins, some teams during the winter prepared the brooms, during free practice and qualifying, some teams that were bad the previous year came back with everything, Carlucci, HSP, Bekkerts, Victoria and Green Horse came with everything at this beginning of the season, With times very close to each other, Diana was the one who got the pole position, with Akko dropping in second position just 0.076 seconds behind Cavendish, which surprised everyone, as Victoria was only the fifth or sixth force in the previous year.

It was 11 o'clock in the morning on the Giovanna Bianchi circuit, the race was about to start the weather was rainy the whole weekend with 19 degrees and a very heavy rain falling, so much so that it was common to have the witches who worked on the team staying with umbrellas on the side of the racers, in the bleachers had enough public, even with the rain.

- And here we are, for the 2017 World Broom Racing Championship, last year HSP practically dominated the season, winning the constructors title, but this time there's more than one team that's putting this dominance of the German team at stake, we've got a surprising new feature at the Bekkerts that was seen as one of the worst last year.

Says Harriet.

- The number 21 Megan Jordan who had a very good season at BBRT in 2015 and in 2016 showed that she improved a lot by winning the ERBC over Amanda O'Neill, for a rookie to qualify in a sixth position is surprising, even more coming from a Bekkerts broom.

Says Freya.

- Last year we also had the surprise of The Flying Scot and the samurai Kagari, they showed that they are at full steam for this year too, Diana Cavendish climbed up to Scuderia Carlucci as well as her team-mate Julia Villeneuve and wants to break once and for all the 13-year without titles of the Italian team and Akko Kagari wants to bring Victoria back to the golden age, So much so that they went back to having a red colour on their brooms, this year it seems that Omega Julietta will be left out, because they were short of racers after climbing the two last year, apart from the fact that apparently the team was in a lot of financial difficulties, which is a shame, after their incredible performance last year.

Says Harriet.

The brooms start the performance lap where "Lost but won - Hans Zimmer" was played, after the lap finished with safety broom accompaniment until they line up on the grid with the order 2/25/9/22/27/21/65/98/18/10/11/0/44/1/91/66/93/6/48/69/17/55/31/99/42, then the lights go out and the race starts.

- And now! The red light comes out! The green light signals the beginning! And lights out, and so we begin a World Broom Racing Championship race!

Says Harriet.

The first lap of 100 starts and soon Diana has a great start, keeping the first position, while Akko followed the Cavendish without losing much, the rain made many of the racers lose the traction of the broom, where Megan Jordan was very accustomed to the rain and that wins 2 positions.

- Whoa Megan Jordan the rookie has already jumped into fourth position, it looks like the Irish will show her strength.

Says Harriet.

Lap in 7 out of 100, Diana and Akko were still in front, while Megan Jordan was soon approaching Maria Clara, coming in at a very strong pace, until she passed the Brazilian in a surprising overtaking, making most fans apprehensive.