They Meet Your Child

Request: You have a child from before you met them and you tell them and they meet them. I added 'when they call them dad/daddy" for the first time!

Joseph Seed-

When you tell him: You knew that Joseph was a very understanding man but you were still nervous to tell him that you had a son. When you told him he was actually really understanding and supportive, offering to babysit if you ever needed him too. He was excited to meet your son but was happy to wait until you were ready.

When he meets your child: When you eventually took him home to meet your son, you just hoped that they would like each other. Your son was pretty quiet and shy, he wasn't really good with meeting new people. You son hid behind your leg at first but Joseph got him to come out and speak. Joseph was kind and sweet, shaking his hand with a smile which made you laugh. Your son loved him, he loved when Joseph would read to him and tell him stories.

When they call him dad/daddy: Joseph had to sit down and hid his face in his hands, your son had no idea about how happy he just made the preacher. Joseph wrapped his arms around you and hid his face in your hair, promising you that you would be a happy family. He also mentioned wanted to give your son a younger sibling.

Jacob Seed-

When you tell him: You were worried because you never really saw him as somebody who wanted children. You told him that you had a daughter and he had to process the information, he knew that he wasn't good with kids but he didn't want this to get between you both. He was understanding and it didn't change anything between you, but he did put off meeting your daughter.

When he meets your child: Jacob was awkward, your daughter was loving and energetic. She instantly ran up to him and introduced herself, he just kind of nodded at her while you introduced him. She loved him but he had no idea how to behave around her. She tried to climb into his lap and he would protest "no, don't, okay, stay still" before letting her sit on his knee. You were worried that he didn't like her but when you walked into the living room and saw them asleep in the armchair together you knew that everything would be alright.

When they call him dad/daddy: She called him dad when she wanted him to pick her up and sit her in his lap. He looked at her in silence for a moment before mumbling "that's enough of that" and picking her up. She called him it again and he just smiled, letting her fall asleep on his chest. He loved the kid, he just didn't want to scare her. It became clear very quickly that she wasn't scared of him. He promised to protect your daughter as if she was his own. He said that she wasn't so bad and that he wouldn't mind having another child, making you smile.

John Seed-

When you tell him: You were worried because you knew how jealous and possessive he could be, you were worried that he would freak out about you having a child with somebody else. When you told him about your daughter, he was conflicted. He wanted to be apart of your life, and her's, but he hated the thought of you having a child with somebody else.

When he meets your child: When he met you daughter, he was thankful that she looked like you and not her other parent. She was a happy child, a little messy but most kids her age are. She seemed to like John, he wanted her to like him but wished that she would stop trying to touch his clothes with her dirty hands. "Stop, don't touch that, clean you hands, how do you get so dirty when you don't do anything?" you heard him saying which just made you laugh. Finally he gave up with trying to keep everything clean and just let her do what she wanted, he just smiled and let her tug on his beard and laugh. He pretty much fell in love with her and began spoiling her with gifts and candy whenever he saw her.

When they call him dad/daddy: He cried, you cried, your daughter was confused but just smiled. She called him daddy when he walked into the room and she was happy to see him. He fell to his knees and wrapped your daughter into a hug which she happily returned. When she realised that you were both crying she asked if you were alight, you both just nodded. John then hugged you, the tears had stopped falling by now, and he asked "can we have another one?".