You are Mute

Joseph Seed-

Joseph approached you in church after one of his sermons because you had caught his eye and he wanted to start a conversation. You just smiled apologetically at him and signed 'I'm sorry', he quickly understood that you couldn't/wouldn't talk. He asked you if you were deaf but you shook your head and he smiled. He still decided to have some sort of conversation with you, he spoke and would ask you 'yes or no' questions. Afterwards he would begin to learn some sign language so that he could actually have a conversation with you at his next sermon.

After his next sermon he approached you and tried to just greet you using sign language which made you smile. You tried to keep it simple while you spoke to him and he ended up asking you to help him learn, partly because he was interested in learning but mainly because he would mean more time with you. While he was learning, if you wanted to say something a bit more complicated you would just write it down for him. He was very aware and whenever he spoke he would make sure that he was looking at you just in case you wanted to say something.

Jacob Seed-

You were one of Jacob's solider, one of his best and his strongest, you had caught his eye but he had never actually spoke with you one on one. One day he approached you and when you didn't respond to him he asked why you were being so quiet, he thought that you were just nervous and found it a little amusing. You attempted to explain it to him using sign language, he didn't understand exactly what you were gesturing but he understood that you don't talk or can't talk. You feared that he would think you are weak but he didn't, he actually found it endearing.

Jacob just went away and learnt some sign language, mainly so he could communicate with you since you were one of his best soldiers he thought it was appropriate. As he talked to you more he became more fond of you and learnt even more sign language until he was fluent. He was the quickest sibling at learning sign language. He didn't like the idea of you writing things down for him, he wanted to actually be able to understand you. You appreciated the effort he went through just so that you could both talk. It actually brought you both closer together because you would both communicate using sign language and his other soldiers couldn't understand what you were both talking about.

John Seed-

When you first met John he just thought that you were rejecting him and being a rude by not speaking to him. You wanted to respond but had a feeling that he didn't know any sign language so you panicked and froze. He ended up walking away but before he completely left you scribbled down an explanation on a piece a scrap paper and handed it to him. He apologised for acting like an ass-hole and felt a little embarrassed about the way he reacted.

To make it up to you he began to learn some sign language so that he could understand you, he learnt the basics pretty quickly but you still had to write things down for him, which you didn't mind doing. He would probably get a little frustrated when he couldn't get the hang of sign language or couldn't understand you, but you were just grateful that he was even trying to learn. As you began to form a relationship and you both grew closer, John continued to learn sign language until he was pretty fluent and could hold a full conversation with you using it. He liked having some form of secret language that you both could use and other people couldn't understand.

Faith Seed-

Faith is usually really friendly and outgoing when talking to new people, especially if they are members of the project. When you first met, she approached you with a smile and greeted you cheerfully. You couldn't help but smile at her as you gestured and tried to explain that you couldn't speak. She understood and wasn't disappointing at all, she was quick to ask you to teach her. She had never met anyone who was mute so she was fascinated by it and wanted to learn more. You accepted to teach her and she was definitely dedicated to learning.

She was enthusiastic as you would both sit together and go over the basics. When it came to the more complicated parts she would try her best but you would sometimes have to help her by adjusting her hands. Sometimes you thought that she might be messing it up on purpose just so you would help her get it right. You would sometimes write things down for her but she preferred it when you used sign language. Once she became pretty fluent she would even try to teach her brothers some sign language.

Requests?