Old Friends

Request: The reader was once super good childhood friends with them but their family moved away without warning and eventually they see the reader in Hope County and get excited at realising it's them. When you reunite, the cult is only just starting up in Hope County.

This one is long but I loved it so much!

Joseph Seed-

You and Joseph grew up together, you were the only one who he would talk about his father with. You were always there when he needed you, when he needed an escape and he liked that you would look after John and that you got along with Jacob. You were best friends until you had to move away and he was adopted by another family, you never saw each other again. To Joseph, loosing you was as hard as loosing his brothers. He lost everything in a matter of days, his brothers and you. His family.

You had been living in Hope County for a short amount of time and had been hearing rumours about a new church, 'a cult' as some people put it. Your curiosity got the better of you and you ended up going to check it out. As soon as you stepped foot in the church you had a overwhelming feeling of familiarity when you saw 'The Father'. He was preaching at the front and you were sitting at the back but as soon as he saw you, he knew it was you. After the sermon you began to hear the name 'Joseph Seed' drifting around and then you knew it was him. He had been looking for you after the sermon but had started a conversation with his brothers. You started searching for him and you finally found him speaking with two men, who you knew were John and Jacob. You tapped Joseph on the shoulder and he turned to face you, both of you instantly smiling like idiots. 

John and Jacob were happy to see you as well but no where near as happy as Joseph. You always knew that Joseph was a religious person, his whole family was, and you told him how proud you were of him for starting his own community, for helping people and giving people a family to belong to. He was so thankful that you understood and it didn't take much convincing for you to agree to join him. Even though you were both young when you were so close, all of those feelings were still there. All of that love and reassurance was still there. You were always apart of his family and you would have an important role in the Project at Eden's Gate. He told you everything that happened to him and his brothers, and you were as comforting as he knew you would be. You gave him the strength to do what he had to do. After all, you were always there when he needed you.

Jacob Seed-

You knew Jacob from after he as separated from his brother, you knew him when he set fire to his foster parents' farm and when he was sent to a juvenile detention centre. You never judged him and he would tell you about his brothers, you became his only family. You were shorter than he was and maybe even a little younger but you were the only one who could keep him in line and wasn't afraid to tell him when he was being an ass-hole, he liked that about you. While he was serving time you would visit him until you had to move away, after he was released he joined the Army and expected to never see you again.    

You had just moved into Hope County in the hopes to start fresh. You never expected to run into Jacob Seed. He saw you first and he instantly knew it was you, you had known each other as teenagers and you hadn't changed, at least not in his eyes. He thought about you all of the time, after you moved away, when he was in the Army and even now. When he was reunited with his brothers, the only thing that was missing was you. Jacob walked away from his brother and stood behind you. "Staying out of trouble?" he asked and you knew who it was, even though it had been so long and you couldn't see who was talking to you, something about the voice and the question...you just knew it was Jacob. You spun around and just smiled at him. "I always did, you were the one who was always in trouble" you answered with a smile and he just smiled back at you. His brothers were watching from a distance, they couldn't hear but they could see you both. Neither of them had seen Jacob smile in a long time.

You wanted to hug him but you assumed that he still wasn't a hug kind of person. You both went somewhere private to talk and he told you everything, because you were always the only person who would never judge him. You told each other everything that happened after you were separated, he told you about Eden's Gate as well. He surprised you by actually hugging you, you expected it to be tense and awkward but it was relaxed, relieving and warm. You both quickly became friends again, you were practically attached at the hip and you spent all your time together, just like you used to do. You were both really defensive and protective of each other, it was like nothing had changed. If somebody dared disrespect either of you then they would have hell to pay. He introduced you to his brother, who he used to tell you stories about. They instantly loved you because of the positive effect you had on Jacob.

John Seed- 

You knew John after he was adopted by the Duncans. You were always the one who encouraged him and made him feel better about himself. You were always the one who supported him after the Duncans had beaten him down, despite how young you both were. In his eyes, you were the last good thing he had. When you had to move away with your family, he begged you to stay but eventually you left. You felt awful for leaving him alone again and he felt as if he had just had his family torn apart for the second time.

You were only in Hope County to visit a friend and stumbled into John. You barely recognised him but you would know those eyes anywhere. When he saw you he had to check and re-check that his eyes weren't playing tricks on him. He left whatever he was doing or whatever conversation he was in without an explanation, he walked straight up to you. "Y/N?" he asked, his voice sounding like it would break any second. you were surprised that he even remembered you, the last you heard John was a hot-shot lawyer. But he never forgot you. You just nodded and he suddenly pulled you into a tight hug, you both felt as if you could cry when you saw each other again. 

You both wandered off and he told you everything that happened after you left, how the Duncans only got worse, how he began a lawyer, about his addictions. Because he knew that if anyone would understand it would be you, if any one could forgive him it would be you, if anyone could make it better it would be you. While you were in Hope County you never left each other's side and when he had to leave he begged you to stay. He begged you to stay for the second time. This time you agreed, unable to leave him behind again. You joined him in Hope County and you both became inseparable.

Faith Seed-

You and Faith hadn't really known each other for a very long time but you were best friends, back when she was just Rachel Jessop, you were all she had. She told you about the abuse and rape, how she was ostracised by her community. You were a team. You had tried to break her drug habits but when your family forced you to move away she had officially lost everything. The drug use got worse but she never forgot you, you were the only person to ever show her kindness.

You had never forgot about Rachel and had even tried to find her but had no luck, you hated to admit it but you assumed that things went bad for her. You then moved to Hope County for a change and you had heard about a new church or something, you didn't really have much interest. You were only passing the church where the Project was holding a gathering of some kind, Faith was standing outside with the brothers and some of their followers. She only glanced over at the road when her eyes landed on you walking past, she instantly knew it was you. It didn't matter how much her life had changed, you were the first person to ever show her kindness and she needed you. 

Faith instantly ran away from her brothers and their followers, she ran straight up to you. She called out your name and you turned around to see who was calling your name, as soon as you saw her you knew it was Rachel and she looked better and happier than ever. She ran straight into you and wrapped her arms around your neck. "Rachel?" you asked, already knowing the answer and wrapping your arms around her waist and she buried her face in your neck, nodding frantically. After clinging to each other for who knows how long, you both took a walk together. She told you about her new family and about her new name, you felt a little bad because she had moved on and you assumed that she didn't need you anymore. After your walk together and catching up with each other's lives, she asked you to join her and her new family. Of course you said yes, you two had been a team before you moved away and you would always be there for each other.

Requests?