Jacob Seed X Reader: You Die in his Arms

Hope this is alright!

Jacob Seed was a man who was very familiar with death. During his time in the war, he watched his friends and fellow soldiers fall around him. He watched Miller slowly dying in front of his eyes until the man could barely walk. Then, even after the war, when he joined his brothers at the Project of Eden's Gate, he watched his men kill each other or die at the hands of the Whitetail Militia or the other way around.

But that was a consequence of war, it was aconsequence survival. It was culling the herd and was necessary for the well-being of the pack, it was how it was meant to be.

Jacob was very familiar with death, so much so that he felt as if he was immune to the aftermath. He didn't fell loss when his men died, but he had never considered losing something that he cared about.

He had considered his own death, he was a solider and it was his duty to die for the cause. He had warned you about his duties but you always told him that you didn't care. Neither of you thought about the scenario of you leaving first.

Now here he was, down on his knees in the dirt. Jacob knelt in the dirt, holding you against his chest as he applied pressure to the wound on your stomach.

Jacob found himself coated in blood on a daily basis, culling the herd, disposing of bodies, mishaps with the judges. But he never thought that it would be your blood coating his hands, your blood staining his clothes. It was something that he could never have imagined.

Your body was limp in his embrace and he kept reminding you to not waste your strength. For the first time in his life, Jacob was in denial about the inevitability of death. You weren't in denial, the pain had started to numb and you knew what would happen next, and you were glad that it was just you and Jacob in the dirt together. His large hand pushed your hair out of your face, applying pressure to the wound again.

Jacob tried to pick you up off of the ground but you shook your head, telling him to just sit with you. It was too late, you both knew that.

"You're strong pup, just hold on" Jacob mumbled, attempting to hold back the tears that threatened to spill and the emotion threatening to betray him.

"Jacob..." You managed to find the strength to whisper, lifting your hand to touch it to his cheek, a small smile on your face in the hopes to sooth him. Even since you met Jacob he was strong, you wanted him to stay that way after you were gone.

The weakness in your voice broke the soldier's heart. He could hear, see and feel you slipping further away from him and he knew that he wasn't reader to let go. Not yet.

"Just hang on, Y/N" Jacob whispered, bringing his forehead down to touch yours. You couldn't help but smile, it was rare that Jacob spoke words of affection but you never needed him too, you knew that he loved you.

"I love you too, Jacob" you breathed out, feeling your eyelids getting heavy and your breathing becoming slower.

The sudden drop in volume of your voice made Jacob pull away from you slightly, shaking his head softly as he looked down at you. Just for a second, he closed his eyes and focused on the feeling of your hand on his cheek, knowing that he will never feel your touch again. His heart broke just a little more when your hand fell from his cheek, he opened his eyes and let out a small sigh of relief when he saw that you were still breathing.

You tried to reach up towards him but you couldn't find the strength, Jacob saw your struggle and lent down towards you. It surprised him when you used what remained of your strength to lift your head up and touch your lips against him.

Then you fell completely limp in his arms. All Jacob could do was look down at you in silence, his eyes red from the threatening tears. He was very well aware that you weren't breathing anymore, you were gone.

He removed his hand from the wound on your stomach, and wrapped his arm around you, his other hand cradling the back of your head.

Eventually he would have to carry you back to the veteran centre, he wanted to give you a real send off but right now he needed to sit here with you.

Jacob pulled you into him again, holding your waist and cradling the back of your head as he buried his face in the crook of you neck. "...I love you, pup" he whispered against your soft yet dirty skin, knowing that this was the last time that he would be able to hold you. 

Nobody found you both in the dirt, Jacob holding you tightly against his chest while stained with your blood. Nobody was there to see Jacob shed his first tear in who knows how long.

There was silence as Jacob was allowed to say his final goodbyes. He pressed a firm kiss to your forehead before burying his face back into the crook of your neck.

Requests?