John X Reader: You Die During Child Birth

John's siblings had never seen him so happy, he was talking to them with the largest smile on his face. It was obvious to anyone who walked past that he was more that happy, anyone should see the overwhelming love and pride in his eyes when he talked or even thought about you and the baby.

Of course he was nervous, he was scared, he wanted everything to go perfectly but life doesn't always go the way we plan. It doesn't always work out perfectly. No matter how much we deserve happiness...sometimes life likes to mess with you. It likes to build you up stronger than ever only to tear you down, to send you tumbling down to rock bottom. This happens because life is unfair no matter how worthy we might be.

Jacob had never been so proud of his youngest brother, he has overcome his past and found the perfect person to spend his life with, to start a family with. Joseph was just content to see John happy, to see him finally get the life he deserves. John's brothers and sister knew that he would be an amazing father.

John had promised to be by your side every step of the way, he wanted to give you strength like the strength you gave him everyday to just wake up in the morning.

His whole plan came crashing down when the doctor ordered him to leave, John asked what was happening and he was scared. But the was pushed out of the room, left with no explanation as doctors and nurses surrounded you.

Now he waited with his siblings with tear in his eyes while Joseph and Faith tried to reassure him that everything would be fine.

Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours, hours felt like days, and the two hours that John waited outside of your door felt like a century.

After what felt like forever, the doctor came out of your hospital room with a sympathetic expression on their face. The doctor shook their head, and that's all it took for John to break. He just stared at the doctor, watching their lips move, not hearing what they were saying but understanding perfectly.

When he was allowed, John was escorted into your room and was left to have some time alone with you. He had never been so afraid to approach something before. Suddenly the silence of the machines was louder than their previous beeping, yet somehow the sound of his own heart beat was what deafened John. Each step was painful and was tiring, before he knew it John was standing beside you. He hadn't even realised the tears rolling down his cheeks.

He picked your limp hand up in his, pressing a gentle kiss to your knuckles as he looked down at your face. Trying to remember each feature of you, wishing that he had cherished your laughter and your voice just a little bit more, wishing that your last kiss was just a little bit longer. Remembering the last thing that you said to him "I love you John, everything will be fine, I promise" and he remembered how he believed you when you said that.

John sat down in the uncomfortable chair beside your bed, holding your hand his his. He knew that it was his mind playing tricks on him but he swore that he felt your hand clasp around his. He just kept whispering "I love you" over and over again as he cried himself to sleep.

Joseph was the one who woke him up, letting him say his goodbyes to you before guiding his younger brother out of the room. Joseph led his brother to Jacob and Faith, John seemed so lost as he walked through the corridors of the hospital.

They turned the corner and saw Jacob and Faith sitting on some chairs, Faith was holding a small bundle in her arms, smiling down at the newborn baby. "Is that her?" John asked Joseph, his voice cracking and broken. Joseph only nodded, and tapped his shoulder as John walked towards the baby.

Faith smiled at him as she handed the baby over. John took the baby in his arms and looked down at her, he couldn't believe that he created something so beautiful. His heart both broke and warmed at the sight of your child, she had your eyes.

John held the baby safely against his chest and fell to his knees as he cried. He wanted to make you proud, he was going to be the best father there ever was. He would always love you and he would make sure that your child always felt loved and never forgot about you.

"Have you thought of a name?" Jacob asked, speaking as softly as he could.

John looked onto his daughter's eyes and nodded faintly. "Y/N" John answered, kissing his child's forehead, feeling Joseph place a comforting hand on his shoulder from behind him.

Requests?