Arc 3.7 Xiao Yao

"Old Bai, it's time to change shift." Xiao Yao said.

"Okay, you two watch. I'll go to sleep."

Old Bai stood up and looked at Xiao Yao and Chen Qiao, his eyes conveying something to them.

"Old Bai, we won't run. Aish! I told you already, I'll bring you to that Lost City! What are you so worried about?!" Xiao Yao said pissed.

"Boy, I'm not worried about you running away. I'm more worried that your other companions will run away." Old Bai said.

"If they run, is that any of my concern? That's their problem. Anyway, if they run just catch them back. What is so hard about that? Anyways, even if they run now they wouldn't be able to get out of here. They are just wasting their time. Enough. Just go to sleep."

"Kid, I trust your words. If you lie, you know what will happen."

Old Bai seriously looked at Xiao Yao and did a hand gesture of slitting his throat.

"I know, Old Bai."

After the showdown, Old Bai finally left and sleep. Xiao Yao and Chen Qiao were left to watch out for the night.

"What are you looking at? Sit." Xiao Yao said before sitting down in front of the bonfire.

"Xiao Yao, do you really trust that they will keep their word?" Chen Qiao asked in a whisper sitting beside Xiao Yao.

"What do you mean?" Xiao Yao asked back pretending to be oblivious.

"You know what I mean."

"Chen Qiao, do you think I'm a kid? Of course, I don't trust them completely. Do you know that every time a tomb is opened there are also many deaths? Even if I am stupid, I know very well that not all of those tomb raiders died from traps. Some were killed by their own companions."

"Since you know, why are you helping them?" Chen Qiao could not help but ask.

"Because it's convenient."

"Convenient?"

"Yes. Also, I did promise to take them to the Lost City but who said that I'll take them out?" Xiao Yao slyly whispered back to him with a voice only the two of them would be able to hear.

"You'll kill them?" Chen Qiao gasp.

Smack!

"Are you stupid? Do you think I'm a murderer?!"

Xiao Yao felt so offended for the first time ever in his long life. 

No matter what, how could Chen Qiao think of him as a murderer even though he is?!

So offended!!

But...that's a great idea! 

Dead people keep secrets and most of all can't give him trouble!

No. No. No!

It's a civilized world.

They shouldn't be talking about killing or plotting a murder here.

It's a civilized world!

Let's be civilized.

Breathe in.

Breathe out....

But, it shouldn't be considered a crime if they were killed by the tomb's traps, right?

"Whose there."

Xiao Yao quickly looked around when he felt that someone was watching them but saw no one. What he saw was only the endless sand and night sky.