Arc 3.14 Xiao Yao

"No worries. I still have a bottle with me. Take it." Xiao Yao smiled sincerely.

Xu Xin felt complicated but after Xiao Yao's urging he finally took the bottle in his hand.

Opening the cap, he downed almost half the bottle. This showed that he was so thirsty but still, he did not let the thirst get to him and save more for later.

"Hungry?" Xiao Yao asked offering him a pack of biscuits.

[Host, why are you so biased? Why are you offering him almost all the good stuff during your journey? You like him, do you?! Don't lie!]

'Nonsense! Peh! Who likes him?! Xiao Xiao, he is the mysterious character. We must build a good relationship with him.'

[Host, your words don't sound trustworthy. When did you ever rely on other characters other than yourself?]

Thinking about what the System said, Xiao Yao found that it does make sense.

When did he ever rely on other characters than himself?

But thinking about it, the plot is gone and everything is a mess.

It's only alright to rely on a character for once to follow the flow of the plot. It does not sound unreasonable, right?

Also, the character he is befriending is a mysterious person that is a very important character in the plot. A very gold golden finger of the male lead.

Befriending such a character is not unreasonable at all!

'Enough. Enough. Just go and play. Don't disturb me anymore.'

"What are you staring at? Have some."

Xiao Yao grab the other's hand so fast that he was not able to react in time. When he was finally back to his senses, the pack of biscuits was already in his hand.

"You-!"

"Don't just stare at me. Eat. The journey will be long. I don't even know how long it will be. At best, we need to reserve our strength. So, eat up."

Xiao Yao gestured for him to eat. Xu Xin was about to give the pack of biscuits back to Xiao Yao but Xiao Yao shook his head and was determined to not accept it back.

So, Xu Xin could only eat the biscuits to fill his stomach in silence.

"Xiao Yao..."

Fei Chen suddenly appeared behind Xiao Yao startling him.

He did not know why Fei Chen suddenly approached him, does he want to fight?

Fei Chen looked at Xiao Yao in a daze while Xiao Yao looked at him too.

The two stared at each other waiting for the other to talk, more like waiting for Fei Chen to talk.

Fei Chen breathed in and breathed out, he looked at Xiao Yao with resoluteness.

"Thank you." Fei Chen finally said after gathering much courage to say these two words.

"Um. Welcome?" Xiao Yao answered in a little daze.

He did not expect that Fei Chen would come and thank him.

This is the first time that a male lead has come and thanked him, it feels rather.... uncomfortable.

After saying what he had come for, Fei Chen finally left.

"What did Fei Chen say to you?"

Chen Qiao sat beside Xiao Yao and looked at him curiously. He did not hear what Fei Chen said to Xiao Yao because he was a little far away from the both of them.

From the looks of it, the two did not seem to fight with each other.

"He just came to say thanks. I guess for giving him the bottled water. You told him?"

Chen Qiao just laughed and put his hands up in surrender. He did not agree or disagree, he just sat there silently.

Knowing Chen Qiao's attitude, he might really have told the other.

Not like Xiao Yao is trying to hide it but it's just really shocking that he received the gratitude of the male lead after so many worlds of wreaking havoc and destroying the leads, this is the first time that Shu Yin had received a "thank you" from the ML.

Crackle!

Lying on the sand with both arms supporting his head, Xiao Yao gazed at the night sky.

How come there is a night sky in the underground cave? Xiao Yao stop thinking of such a question and just enjoyed the view and the comfortable silence it brought.

It had already been days, five days to be exact since they entered that underground cave.

They had been wandering in that desert for four days and the path is not an easy one but filled with dangerous creatures and traps that with one mistake could cost their life.

After running from numerous near-death situations, again and again, this is the first time that Xiao Yao was able to peacefully rest in silence.

Xiao Yao closed his eyes and let the cold night breeze blow all the exhaustion of his body away both mentally and physically.

Shuffle!

It was not loud but Xiao Yao knew that someone was sitting beside him. He did not bother opening his eyes knowing who it is.

"This underground tomb is so dangerous. Time and again we are almost touching death's door with a hair's breadth. What is your intention for coming here?" Xiao Yao asked the person beside him.

It was utter silence.

Seems like the other has no intention of answering him but Xiao Yao still waits with close eyes for the other's response.

1 minute.

2 minutes.

3 minutes.

Xiao Yao listened to the wind coming and leaving. His mind is at peace with no turmoil or trouble.

"I'm looking for something." Xu Xin finally answered.

"Treasure?"

"No. Something more valuable than a treasure for me."

Xiao Yao stop and listened for a while. He thought about something more valuable than the treasures that could be found in the Lost City that those people were going crazy over.

"What could be more valuable than a treasure? If you don't mind, you can tell me. I might be able to help."

Xiao Yao then opened his eyes and looked at the lonesome figure of Xu Xin. Sitting straight, his hand on his knee, he looked at the dark sky with an unknown emotion.

The two were quiet for a while. Not one spoke. Xiao Yao waited for Xu Xin to speak but the other remained silent.

Finally, Xu Xin stood up and walk away. But before he left, Xu Xin said his last words to Xiao Yao.

"Dragon's tear."

🙂😊😊😍😊😘😚🙂🙂😚😘😚😘😚😎😚🙂😚😗😊🤗😚🤗😚🤗😚🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊😇😊😇😊

Hehehehe...

Another update!

Well....

(Thinking to myself.🤔 I'm updating because I won't update for sometime again. 🙄🙄 No one would know. 😏😏😏Hahahaahhahahaha 😂😂😂)