Arc 3.17 Xiao Yao

"......................." Xu Xin looked at the two of them curiously.

Knowing the intention of the man on his right, Xiao Yao took a big step toward Xu Xin.

As if the other knew his intentions, just if, Xu Xin moved to Xiao Yao's right at the same time Xiao Yao moved to his left.

"....hm."

Xu Xin nodded with a stiff face while looking at the gate as if he had not done anything at all.

"Hmmmm....."

Xiao Yao also did the same and looked at the gate as if he was studying it carefully.

Chen Qiao looked at Xu Xin between him and Xiao Yao, he felt a little frustrated but did not say anything.

He just thinks that he was just studying the engravings on the gate seriously knowing how he is always in his own world.

When he was about to take another step toward Xiao Yao at the back, Xu Xin suddenly walk backward blocking his way.

"......................" -Chen Qiao

"......................" -Xu Xin

"~whistles~" -Xiao Yao

Chen Qiao furrowed his brow but did not say anything. Xu Xin was so immersed in studying the engravings that he did not think the other was messing with him.

Taking a big stride again, he decided to cross on the front to walk towards Xiao Yao.

Yet again, Xu Xin walked towards the engravings and put both of his hands on the dragon's face blocking Chen Qiao's way again.

"This...hm... interesting."

Seeing how Chen Qiao wanted to get close to him, Xiao Yao quickly put his hand on Xu Xin's shoulders while leaning close to the wall Xu Xin was scrutinizing.

Xiao Yao acted as if he was immersed in the engravings.

"Hm."

Xu Xin subtly looked at Xiao Yao and noticed the laughter in his eyes, he also...smiled?

"Thank you." Xiao Yao suddenly looked at him and said with a smile.

Seeing that the two of them were seriously studying the engravings, Chen Qiao was distraught and stopped his advances.

"Kid, did you say that you found the way to open the gates?" Old bandit asked.

"Yes, old man. To make the explanation short, the dragon's eyes are the key to opening the gates." Xiao Yao said.

"Then, open it!" Old Bai said excitedly.

"Xin."

Xiao Yao looked at Xu Xin. He nodded understanding his intentions and proceeded to walk towards the left gate while Xiao Yao was on the right.

"What are they going to do?" Leng MianMian looked at the two with bated breath.

Reaching both of their hands on the sculpted dragon in front of them, their hands on both of the dragon's eyes, they looked at each other.

"On the count of three!"

Watching both of them, it was breathtaking. 

Everyone around them watch with bated breath, no one dared to breathe as if doing so could erase this moment.

Like an illusion that could disappear with one blow of air.

"1...."

If that gate would open, what would they see?