Vacation World.30 Z-1

"We are almost there. Everyone hand on." Old Bandit encouraged everyone.

Touring the olden tomb was not easy, there were so many mechanisms and traps that tried to stop them adding up to the female lead who was a jinx, and the trouble kept adding up.

The team looks at the gigantic tomb in distress.

They were almost at the end of the journey only a door away but they were having a hard time unlocking the door even Shu Yin had no clue how to open it.

They studied and tried several ways to open the door but still, they were unable to open it.

Some suggested destroying it but some were also against it for the reason that they might trigger some mechanism that would destroy what is behind the door if they were to act harshly.

Everyone was left with no ideas and could only take some time and rest to think of what to do next.

Old Bandit sat on the fire reading the map that he got who knows where. 

Chen Qiao who had been almost silent looked at the Old Bandit.

"Old man, let me ask you. How did Xu Xin become Zhao Liang and why did he lose his memories?"

Old Bandit paused and looked at Chen Qiao in a scrutinizing manner, Shu Yin looked at him in deep thought, before sighing and folding the map in his hand.

"I don't know the full story. The people in the know should be Xin Ye's parents. As far as I know, he lost his memories from an accident."

"An accident? But why did he become Zhao Liang after, why did he not come back to his old life?" Shu Yin asked.

"Brat, why are you even asking me? I only know little. These kinds of questions can only be answered by those in the known. If you so asked, I'll ask your parents when I meet them in heaven." Old Bandit jested.

Shu Yin raised an eyebrow.

"I don't think I'll ever get an answer to my question then."

Shu Yin sighed looking down.

"Why is that?" Old Bandit asked curious.

Shu Yin looked at Old Bandit with a smirk.

"Do you think you'll even go to heaven?"

With that, Shu Yin left with a laugh leaving the dumbfounded old man.

When he realized what Shu Yin meant, he spat out a fire.

Seeing the interaction between the two of them, Chen Qiao's face softened remembering a scene from a distant memory.

"Young Master Qiao." 

Chen Qiao's momentary trance was interrupted by the Old Bandit snapping back to reality. 

His face that had softened stiffened, and he looked at Old Bandit with a serious face. 

"Are you softening?" 

Old Bandit smiled amused at him but his eyes say another.

Hearing what Old Bandit said made Chen Qiao's eyebrows crease. He looks at him with a cold expression that could freeze even the North Pole.

"Do not misunderstand. I know what to do."

Chen Qiao grimly looks at Old Bandit before turning his back on him leaving.

Old Bandit looks at Chen Qiao's back thoughtfully before letting out a sigh.

"..I can't."

Old Bandit closed his eyes, his face aging as if years just passed him by.