Arc 4.14 Devon

Arc 4.14 Devon

The whole surrounding was aflame.

They did not know how this happened or how they ended in this situation but what they know is that an ugly huge bald bird that had dark feathers suddenly attacked them.

They did not know where it came from, it just came out of nowhere suddenly attacking them.

After Zayton save Clayton, the ugly bird who was not able to shred him to pieces became angry.

It spewed out dark flames at the two of them, Clayton and Zayton rolled together in the ground avoiding the flames that the ugly bird spit out.

They felt their hair stand on end feeling the dark flame that was almost about to roast them. It was no ordinary fire, they know, they might have only heard it from the legends, but they knew what that fire is to well.

And no matter what, they will never want to be burned by it.

"Hell Fire."

The Demon King furrowed his eyebrows together watching the ugly bird spitting out dark flames from its beak trying to burn the duo who was still rolling on the ground.

"Your Majesty, what should we do?"

Harton who was standing in front of the Demon King looked back at his King who was in deep thoughts. Somehow, he felt helpless facing the ugly bird spitting out dark flames and his two subordinates who were still rolling on the ground.

"I will distract it. Help them."

The Demon King did not let Harton respond before he took action.

Taking out a white short staff from his inventory, the Demon King quickly cast a powerful spell and attack the ugly creature.

CAW!

The ugly bird who got hit by the spell shriek. Its shriek was so sharp, it sounded as if it was coming from hell, the four of them covered their ears with their hands not being able to take the sound the ugly bird was making.

"Ahh!!"

The trios' ears bled, they felt as if their eardrums were about to be rip out of their ears due to the ear-piercing shriek that the ugly bird made.

"This ugly bird! Stop shouting your hurting Lao Tzu's brain!" Clayton screamed in pain while covering his ears.

"Do you even have a brain in the first place?!" Zayton screamed back an answer despite the pain on his eardrums.

"Do you say Lao Tzu is stupid?!" Zayton roared back angry almost forgetting the pain on his ears.

"You're the one who said that."

And so, they bickered back and forth almost ignoring the ugly bird walking slowly towards them.

Zayton looked at the duo with a black face, even in this situation they still did not forget to bicker at each other.

He looked at the Demon King thankful that he has someone who was sane on his side and most reliable King.

Back to the story.

The Demon King was only the only one who was looking better since he had made a spell in time to cover his ears with mana that protected him from the ear-piercing shriek of the ugly bald bird that could have injured his ears.

The ear-piercing scream of the ugly bird was induced with dark mana that amplify the sound and effect that could even pierce one's own soul if one is not careful enough.

The ugly bird though bald was a legendary creature, an ancient beast that had existed for a long time.

A huge body that was surrounded with dark flames, thick red feathers surrounding its body, arrogance exuding on its being, a creature that could spit out high temperature flames, what could it be but none other than the Legendary Phoenix!

Yes, it was the mythical Phoenix of the Legend.

You might be wandering why this bird was bald and spewing dark flames though a Phoenix was supposed to be a sacred creature.

Phoenixes are sacred creatures which represented life, death and rebirth. Their fiery fire that surrounded them represented their very sacredness and the fire of light in itself.

But when a Phoenix fell from grace, their body turns into something monstrous. The sacred fire that they were born with becomes tainted and turns to dark representing death opposite the representation of their fiery flame.

When a Phoenix fall from grace, their ability of rebirth, rising from the ashes, will also be gone. When a fallen Phoenix dies unlike a sacred Phoenix will die permanently and will no longer be able to be reborn from the ashes.

So, when they die, they truly die.

It's rare to be able to encounter an adult sacred Phoenix.

That is due to that not only are they rare, but they don't reach a certain age that they become a full fledge adult before dying and rising from the ashes, what more an adult fallen Phoenix who will not and never rise from the ashes!

If you truly do meet one, then you are out of luck!

"Your Majesty, what should we do?"

The Demon King coldly looked at the bald bird. His lip on a straight line coldly initiating a still death cold silence.

He studied the bald bird, though he was powerful enough to wipe out a country he is not reckless enough to seek death on his own initiative.

He may be powerful, but he knew his limits. The giant bald phoenix in front of him was not a simple creature that you could just underestimate. Watching from its action and size, the phoenix had bee an existence in this place for a very long time.

It might just be because they are unlucky, but they had unfortunately step into the bald phoenix territory, the reason why they were attacked.

Even if they wanted to retreat now, there is no possible way unless they either die or the bald ugly phoenix dies.

The Demon King look sharpy at the ugly phoenix, his mind seemed to have been made up.

As the Demon King and the one who brought his subordinates in this dangerous place in the first place, he had the responsibility to also take them out of here alive.

With his mind all made up, he raised his staffed about to go on a life and death battle with his subordinates.

😘😊🤗😚😇😊😘😊😅😊😘😚🤗😚😚🤗😘😊🤗😚🤗😚🤗😚🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊😘😊😅☺😘☺🤗😚😘😊😘😊