Arc 3.10 Xiao Yao

"I finally got it. I finally got it!"

Looking at the light slowly spreading inside the underground desert, Xiao Yao felt his heart boil in excitement when he finally solved the puzzle.

"Xiao Yao, what do you mean?"

Chen Qiao who had fallen asleep was woken up by Xiao Yao's loud exclamation of excitement. The moment he woke up, Xiao Yao was almost jumping from joy.

"Kid, why are you so noisy early in the morning?"

Old Bai who was woken up by Xiao Yao's loud mumbling lazily stood up stretching his limbs while looking at Xiao Yao who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Brother Fei, is it already morning?"

Leng MianMian who just woke up rub her eyes and looked at Fei Chen who was beside her, waking up just after her.

"I guess so." Fei Chen answered sleepily.

Xiao Yao as if possessed kept on mumbling on his own. 

He did not mind them despite being questioned and continued to be immersed in his own world.

'Evil hides in the night
Goodness follows the light
To find what you seek
Follow the path of light'

Xiao Yao kept repeating these words inside his head as he manically look at the place where the first ray of light hit.

"Evil hides in the night. Goodness follows the light. To find what you seek. Follow the path of light." Xiao Yao said in almost fascination as he mumbled the words he had once read on the stone tablet before they entered the desert.

"What is he mumbling about, is he possessed?"

Leng MianMian felt goosebumps appear on her arms seeing how creepy Xiao Yao look. She hid behind Fei Chen for protection while sneakily looking at Xiao Yao.

"I don't think so."

"Kid, did you decipher its meaning?"

Hearing what Xiao Yao said clearly, the old man realized that Xiao Yao had already deciphered the meaning of the words that had stumped them ever since they entered the endless desert.

"Old man, I finally fou-- look out!" Xiao Yao yelled and quickly pushed the old man aside.

"What are you doing, kid!"

Old Bai who was far away from them thought that Xiao Yao was attacking their leader and quickly took out a gun to shoot him.

But before he could do so, a snake as long as an arm flew his way.

Whack!

"What is that? Snake!"

"Everyone watch out! Don't make too much noise." Xiao Yao quickly warned the team.

He put his finger in front of his mouth as a gesture of silence. 

Xiao Yao did not notice it but all night long they were sleeping with snakes!

Snakes! 

Dozens of dozens of snakes!

They were surrounded. 

Worst, they were surrounded by the so-called horned snake.

"Why did we not notice it before, we had slept with snakes." Xiao Yao said.

"Brother Fei, I'm scared!"

"Don't be, I'm here. I'll protect you."

"Kid, what should we do?"