Arc 6.2 Zu Yin

Arc 6.2 Zu Yin

"......and two boxes filled with gold." The eunuch announced.

The banquet was noisy as always. 

The nobles were filled with clamor about his victory once again and his ugly appearance hidden behind his mask.

Zu Yin was already used to the silent whispers and mocking of those people, he just let those words out of his ear than ruin this celebration for his people.

"Thanking his Majesty for his grace." 

Zu Yin put his hand together into a fist and thanked the emperor with a stiff face.

"Brother, there is no need to be this formal we are brothers after all. This feast is prepared for you, please enjoy my dear brother!" The Emperor laughed.

Zu Yin stared at the Emperor who also stared back at him.

"Thank you, your Majesty." Zu Yin faintly smiled.

Despite so many people trying to ruin their brotherhood, even him, the Emperor still held onto their brotherhood and chose to side with him despite his wickedness and craziness once in a while.

Zu Yin can't help but thank the heavens for having such a good brother in this time and age.

"Go. Go." The Emperor good-naturedly laughed.

Zu Yin did not stay long and joined the festivity.

'Shou, can you give me a run-through about the leads in these worlds.'

Zu Yin downed a cup of wine as he watched the dancers wriggling like suffocated worms on the dancefloor trying their best to flirt with anyone who would fancy them. 

Seeing such a disgusting scene, Zu Yin downed another cup.

[World: Unforgettable Cinnabar Mole]

[The ML of this world is Yi Zhong, the current Crown Prince. He is the favored son of the Emperor who grew up pampered which made him arrogant. As the son of heaven, his life path is plated with gold and blooming with flowers.]

[The world's FL is Xie LanLan, the Xie family's unfavored daughter. But as the daughter of heaven, she met many extra and cannon fodder who is willing to die for her and willing to serve her for life even in death.

Her "only wish" in life is to become the Empress to make all those who mock her kneel and suffer under her smelly feet.]

"I see. It seems that the leads in this world had zero IQ but Heaven is still willing to help them despite their lack of intelligence. I really applaud the heavens, they had no fear that this country would fall at the very hands of the IQ-deficient leads."

[As per rule, IQ-deficient people are more favored by the heavens.]

"It seems that they do not want to see me seeing that they did not attend the banquet." Zu Yin tapped his finger on the table in thought.

[Host, I think they do not dare do so. The last time they attended a banquet where you, Zu Yin were in, Yi Zhong almost lost his life because of Zu Yin's temper.]

"If one is ignorant, they should stay ignorant." Zu Yin downed another cup.

[No matter how ignorant the leads are, they will always seek death.]

Zu Yin laughed out loud hearing what Shou said, scaring the guests and even the musicians, the hall was silent, and they stared at him warily.

Noticing their fear, Zu Yin coldly looks at them.

"What are you doing? Don't stop and continue the festivity!"

"Yes, your Highness!"

Seeing Zu Yin scowl, everyone started talking and smiling again. 

The music turned even louder, and the dancers danced ever so energetically, they were so scared that they almost lost the strength in their legs but they could only go on.

Zu Yin smiled with satisfaction and downed another cup. 

He looks at the bright moon outside the palace, the emptiness in his heart drowned the loud music in the background, and in his eyes was only the moon hanging alone in the sky.

"I miss my wifey." Zu Yin sighed.

The System looked at him in silence.

[........you should go home.]

"Yeah, I better go home."

The banquet is getting boring with the ancients' usual and similar way of throwing banquets and performances. 

The only thing that Zu Yin liked was the food and everything was boring.

Zu Yin left stealthily and headed home without anyone noticing him.

But instead of peace, it was war instead.

"Wang ye, this concubine had been waiting for you."

"Wang ye, this concubine is glad that you are back."

"Wang ye, this concubine will always be waiting for you!"

[Oh my!] >/////<

'Shit!'

Zu Yin almost forgot that he had these three foxes inside his home if not for seeing them again inside his manor.

He could feel his headache just seeing them and hearing their irritating voice. 

He would want to have them chopped up to pieces if not for their usefulness.

Since they were all sent by his enemies and the Crown Prince, he should run them dry before deposing them.

[Side Mission Disperse His Harem of Concubines]

Zu Yin's forehead creased, and the air around him turned cold as if he were ready to kill someone.

The aide who was with Zu Yin noticed the air turning cold and his Prince's unusual coldness. 

Knowing his prince is about to kill one of his concubines, he sensibly dispersed them.

"The Prince is tired. If you have something you want to say to the Prince, leave it for tomorrow. For now, the Prince needed to rest."

The aide did not wait for the concubines to whine and led Zu Yin away from them lest Zu Yin took out his sword and beheaded them on the spot, they still needed them for their plans.

"Wang ye, please sheath your sword. This servant will make sure to keep your concubines away from the main house."

Loyal Aide strictly stared at Zu Yin who had half unsheathed his sword from the scabbard. Zu Yin sighed and put his sword down.

"Old Lao, if I am still unable to get rid of them one of these days, I will definitely kill them." Zu Yin sulks.

"Wang ye, please calm down. We are almost done with the preparation."

Old Zhou smiled helplessly due to this Prince of him who had a bad and childish temper inside him. 

If not for being his childhood friend, never would he have known that the feared Demon could have a childish side of him.

"Old Lao, Old Lao, kick them out of here please TT.TT I'm sick of them."

"Wang ye...." Old Lao said helpless.

"If you don't, I'll die young TT.TT"

[Main Mission Die of Old Age]