Arc 1.12 Xin Ye

Arc 1.12 Xin Ye

[Host. Huhuhu.... Host, wake up!]

The worried voice of the System filled Xin Ye's mind the very moment he woke up.

Xin Ye groaned in pain and tried his very best to adjust his eyes to the dim room. Everything was dark around him except for the spot where he was sitting.

It seemed like the condition of the room was specially designed just for him. His enemies are in the dark and him the "victim" in the light.

'This is some cliché kidnapping story.'

He then tried to move his body but found out that he was tied to the chair, his wrist tied behind his back.

"Where am I, Xiao Xiao?"

[Host, we are in an abandoned building near *********. Host, I'm sorry I was not able to tell you of the dangers ahead! I was such an incompetent System! Huhuhuhu! Xiao Xiao is sorry!!]

Hearing the System cy and blame itself again and again, Xin Ye's heart softened, and could only sigh.

"It's alright, I don't blame you." Xin Ye said to comfort the System.

He won't blame the System, it might not have been able to anticipate that such a thing would happen to him.

And he also knew that at that moment, the System was helping him resolve some matters concerning a certain someone.

He can't just possibly put all of the blame on top of the System's head. He had some faults too.

Not only was he living carefreely in the mission world, he did not even care about the other characters that he did not meet and forgot about them.

This small mistake now cost him too much, he is really such a dummy.

"System, can you anonymously send my location to Zhao Liang? He must be looking for me right now."

Thinking back about that b*st*rd, Xin Ye could not help but tug a small smile.

Zhao Liang's every now and then stupid shit-eating grin had been somehow imprinted in his mind.

When suddenly, a memory from his past life resurfaced which made his face fall. 

His eyes became complicated for a moment before it disappeared when he opened his eyes back.

The unsuspecting System did not notice its Host's change of emotion and continued to help its Host in the dark. 

The System reported to him the current situation to not make him worry.

[Host, don't worry. When Host was asleep, Xiao Xiao already sent your location to the Host partner. Host partner is looking for Host crazily, even System is scared of him!]

The System shivered thinking back on Zhao Liang's dark face when it anonymously sent him the current location of Xin Ye.

It had happened to see how Zhao Liang almost killed his subordinate for being incompetent for not being able to guard Xin Ye correctly.

Zhao Liang's face even went a little shade darker if that was possible when he could not find, not even a trace of Xin Ye's hair.

[Host, everything will be fine. Host partner is already on his way here.]

"Hmm... Thank you, Xiao Xiao."

Xin Ye wryly smiled.

"But do you know who kidnapped me?"

[System knows! It's....]

"Well, well, your awake now I see." A voice within the darkness said.

Quicker than lightning, Xin Ye looked at the person hiding in the dark.

Since his eyes had already adjusted to the dim surroundings, Xin Ye could clearly see a figure of a man. Behind the man were more men, they looked like extras in a movie.

"You, who are you and what do you need from me? You and I don't have any grievances between each other so why are you doing this to me?" Xin Ye frowned.

Ever since he transmigrated, he had never been in contact with any big player.

Sure, he bullies some of the minor characters but he knew that they won't retaliate much and he had already let his System bury their family on a lot of paper works. Their company already hanging on a small thread.

Knowing those minor characters had no more time for him, who and why on Earth did the man in front of him kidnap him? A kid?

'Is he an enemy of Ah Li?' Xin Ye speculated since he had not bullied any big character or anything.

The only plausible reason as to why he was kidnapped now is because of Zhao Liang.

Zhao Liang is rich, powerful, and had many enemies. 

If not for him then, why is he kidnapped?

The kidnapper could not possibly be in love with him too, right?

Just thinking about it, Xin Ye shivered in disgust. He quickly chased away such disgusting thoughts out of his mind.

"You and I, no grievances? Yes, you might think that way because you can't see me in the dark clearly."

The man chuckled and step into the light.

"Now, do you know who I am?"

The man in a black suit, hair slick back, had his arms wide open and head raised back. He looked at Xin Ye like he was supposed to know him.

*Glitter* *Glitter* *Glitter*

Looking at the crazy man in front of him, Xin Ye tried hard to search in his memories about "who on earth is the crazy man in front of him" in his memories.

He searched and search until......

"Ow! I got it!"

Xin Ye would have punched his right hand on his left hand if only his hands were free.

"Right. You are right! I am...."

"You are.... An unknown character in this story!" Xin Ye said filled with confidence.

When the man heard Xin Ye, he seemed to have been frozen on his spot.

*Caw!* *Caw!* *Caw!* *Caw!*

*Idiot Bird Coming Through*

[Host, he is Chen Li! The ML!]

If the System only had a body it would have facepalmed hearing the response of its Host.

But who could blame him? He had never seen the world's ML before.

'The ML?!'

Xin Ye gapes at the crazy man in front of him, shocked when he discovered that he was the ML.

Never would he have thought that the World's favorite male lead would have some tinkers in his head!

"Weren't ML's supposed to be sane? Why is the ML in front of me acting like a deranged person? Did you get the wrong man?'

[Host, he really is the ML ah! Xiao Xiao won't get the wrong man.]

Though the System was assuring Xin Ye that they got the right person, it could also not help but suspect that they got the wrong man since the ML did act a little bit strange.

Xin Ye tried to believe the System since it could not go wrong. But still, he suspiciously looks at the ML, he looked him up and down.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk."

Looking at that handsome face and that body, he really felt pity for the man.

Being looked over by Xin Ye, the ML could not help but shiver. He felt that Xin Ye could see through him like he is "naked" in front of him!!

'Is this kid checking me out? Is he gay?!'

The ML shivered in his own thoughts seeing Xin Ye checking him out from up to his head down to his shoes with his eyes.

'Such a shame ah!'

Never did he expect that Xin Ye was actually taking pity on him.