Vacation World.31 Z-1

The earth rumbled and roared.

The cave kept on shaking with no end in sight, they could only stand where they were afraid of what would happen if they moved.

All of them were looking at the same room waiting for the outcome and what will be the end of this battle between time and humans.

"What are you saying, A'Li?" Shu Yin stuttered.

"You hear him. This is the end. He can no longer leave this place. This will be his final resting place." Old Bandit said.

Shu Yin dazedly looked at the man in front of him, his face was overlapping with the man in his memory and the man who was currently in front of him.

Shu Yin took a deep breath and robotically looked at Old Bandit.

His eyes which seemed to have been burning fiercely were still with no ripples as if one was looking at the abyss and it looks back at you.

Old Bandit shivered looking directly in his gaze but he still stood firm on his ground.

"I understand that you hate me. You can hate me as you like but this is the mission that my clan was obliged to complete. Xu Xin was not supposed to live this long, he was only able to live this long because of the stolen time he had. And if not for that mistake your parents made, the world would have not become like this, and we would not have to be like this. What's happening now is the due comeuppance he has to pay for staying alive all those years."

"So, you had been lying to us all along. What you wanted was not the antidote but to lead Xu Xin here. The words you said were full of holes, I was doubtful but I had no evidence. Yes, I was stupid. We fell into your trap. But why does it have to be him?"

Old Bai looked at Zhao Liang.

"All the answers you want to know, he is the only one who can answer it. I am only responsible for bringing him here. As the last, loyal servant of the Feng's, I am only responsible for bringing the Guardian of the tomb."

"Ah!"

"The door is closing! We need to leave!"

The entire cave kept on shaking and the gigantic doors of the chamber were slowly closing in, the ones who were close to the door quickly came out and the rest followed.

Old Bandit and Old Bai were blocked by Xiao Chu and He Ming, they did not move an inch so they also were not able to leave.

Shu Yin looked at Zhao Liang who was also looking at him with the usual calm gaze he always used to look at him.

"A'Yin, are you going to stay with me?" Zhao Liang playfully said.

Seeing that he was still able to make fun of him, Shu Yin also broke his cold expression and looked at him with a relaxed expression.

Shu Yin sat carefreely on the dirty floor and held Zhao Liang in his arms.

"Of course, since you are not leaving, why would I leave? If you are staying I can only accompany you here. I promised you, right? Wherever you are, I will be there."

Shu Yin hugged Zhao Liang in his arms, he nuzzled his face in the crook of his neck not letting him see his angry expression as he watched Zhao Liang's body being slowly swallowed by the array on the ground.

He tried to pull him.

He tried to sever his connection with the array.

He tried everything but it was no use, it was as if he was a part of it and if he were to forcefully sever him with it he feared that it would only hurt him more.