Arc 6.3 Zu Yin

Arc 6.3 Zu Yin

"Sigh.. Being the Grand Prince is real hard work that I don't even have time for myself."

Zu Yin sighed for the tenth time that day.

On his desk, piles of paperwork were piled as high as a mountain for him to sign and work on. 

There was so much work to do that he had been sitting there since the sun was up until the sun had set, but his work seemed to have not lessened one bit.

"Please be a little patient, Wang Ye. After all of this is done, Wang Ye can freely go anywhere. We just need to finish reviewing the disaster relief plans on City N, which was struck by a flood." Loyal Aide known as Shen said.

"I hope we can finish this all before tomorrow."

Zu Yin did not say more and continued reading the papers he needed to finish seriously. 

But the more he read, the more his forehead creased, he smiled.

"Shen, I need you to do something for me."

"What can this servant do for you, Wang Ye." Shen asked.

"I want you to investigate this file for me, secretly. There seem to be people who are trying to benefit from the relief that the Emperor had sent to the people. People like this need to be punished, no?"

Zu Yin evilly smiled.

Shen did not say more, he took the file on Zu Yin's hand and did as he was told. 

He did not waste any more time and left right that very instance after bidding goodbye to Zu Yin.

[Host, it seems that you have something evil in mind?]

"Evil? Its punishment. Doing something evil needs to be punished accordingly."

Zu Yin stood up and sat on the windowsill to look at the shining moon outside with a smile.

[Seeing Host smiling so brightly, let me guess, this evil should be the crown prince, right? The crown prince should be involved with the missing funds for the relief? Hitting him where it hurts more should make the emperor unfavor him and be wary of him. In return, the complacent crown prince will know what it feels like to have his position shaken and in the worst case...kills the emperor.]

"Hahha... Great minds do think alike. If that idiotic prince were to do that, it would make everything easier. Bringing him down won't be hard at all."

*Whish!*

"Whose there?!" Zu Yin's smiling eyes sharpened.

It seems that someone was spying on him which he somehow was unable to notice, the System also did not notify him.

He tried to search with his eyes while gathering his qi but he did not see nor feel anyone's presence at all, it seemed that they had escaped.

"System, who was it?" Zu Yin asked.

[... it's nothing, Host. It was just a lost snake.] Shou nonchalantly replied.

"A snake? Is there a snake in this manor? Are you telling the truth?" Zu Yin was somehow in disbelief.

[I'm not lying, Host. It was just a slithering lost snake, it had already gone back to its hole so you don't need to worry about it.] Shou assured.

Zu Yin was silent for a minute but chose to believe the System since it would not lie to him and surely it would not want him to fail the mission world.

"I believe you. Anyway, next time you see that snake again out from its burrow you need to tell me. I want to see how that little snake looks. I might take a liking to it and let it in the house." Zu Yin did not say more and went to bed.

Shou who was left to view the outside could not help but sigh, he looked at a not-so-far-away pavilion and a running figure was in his view.

[Host, will surely like that little snake.]

Shou closed the window and followed his Host inside in his orb form.

[It's not yet time.]

Zu Yin woke up the next day refreshed but what was awaiting him that morning was morning chaos which made his headache.

His concubines were once again fighting about who would get to choose first on the expensive silk and accessories that the Emperor had bestowed him the day before.

Zu Yin who did not want to get involved in their fight got involved somehow when they all saw him and chose to act pitifully to gain his favor.

Currently, the concubines were crying on his feet and retelling him their own "I am wronged" version. 

His head ached watching all of his "concubines" weep and howl in front of him and even grabbing his clothes which were about to tear from all that pulling.

Zu Yin was seriously considering pulling out his sword and stabbing all of them to end his misery from listening to their cries and whimpers. 

If not for Shen who was by his side who was holding his hand back from sheathing his sword, heads would have flown long ago.

"Shen, deal with this for this Prince. This Prince had something more important to do than to listen to these concubines whimpering like a banshee all day. Hmp!"

Zu Yin tugs his clothes back with force making the concubines tumble back on their butts. 

They were about to cry but seeing Zu Yin's cold face, they bit their tongue and followed Zu Yin's instruction.

They could only grit their teeth in shame as they watched his back slowly disappear from their eyes. 

They know that no matter how inhumane the Grand Prince is said to be or looks like, he will never harm them in the name that they are from a powerful family and, they are women.

It is said that the Grand Prince respects women and is gentle to them since he was raised by a loving mother. 

Which they had exploited knowing that he would never raise a hand on them.

They said that rumors would be rumors, so they tried to see if it is only rumors. 

They prove in the end that what the rumors said was true because no matter what they did, Zu Yin never really raised a hand on them or punished them heavily as long as they did not cross the line.

This resulted in them being especially greedy and sometimes crossing the line, as long as the Grand Prince did not know it was fine.

But they noticed that from the following days, the Grand Prince seemed to have a bit of a change of attitude and was colder than ever.

But even so, they still live as a trophy wife lying low not interrupting his life these days while planning how to conceive his child inside.

'I'm going to be the main wife of this Grand Prince house one day!'