Arc 4.12 Devon

Arc 4.12 Devon

Devon had his eyes closed.

He felt that someone was calling him. The voice felt familiar but at the same time uncomfortable.

A black smoke hovered above his head with a tint of red-light dancing above his head.

It swayed sometime and lick his hair in amusement.

Devon furrowed his eyebrows together.

His heart churned feeling an entity burrowing itself deep inside his heart. He frowned when the door to his heart was forcefully being invaded by the entity.

"... I love you." A man in white cried in golden blood.

"GET OUT!"

Before the entity could get a closer look into his heart's desire, Devon who had awakened from his trance menacingly grab the dark smoke with his bare hands in pure anger.

The dark smoke was surprised and did not expect that a pure human like him who was just a mere ant to him grab his entity with no body with his hand which was completely impossible because he was like a wisp of air, you can feel it but never hold it.

The smoke like dark entity wriggled out of Devon's hands a bit nervous. He could feel the consciousness his air like entity was made of was slowly being ripped to shed piece by piece by the Devon who was stared at it with his blood shot eyes.

The entity panic due to that the dark entity was connected directly to his soul and that if it were destroyed it will cause his soul some damage.

"D.amn bas.tard.." Were the last words of the dark entity before it dispersed to nothing.

Devon had a grim face on as he stared at the space where the dark entity he shattered had vanished.

"A dark entity. How interesting. It seems like this world is about to fall into chaos once more."

A voice in the dark said.

"Seeing that even a dark entity is interested in you how delicious could your soul be, Your Majesty."

A smiling man came out of the dark, he looks at Devon with eyes neither warm nor cold.

"High Mage, what are you doing here?" Devon's grimace deepened.

"Nothing. I felt a dark entity invading the palace. Thinking that it might bring harm I followed it, but I did not expect that you could even make its soul disperse with just a wave of your hand. I underestimated your abilities, Hero."

"I am not a Hero." Devon snorted.

"You may deny it, but you are a chosen one. Don't you think that is your sole reason for coming here?"

Devon stared at him hard and scoff.

"No."

The high mage just smiled.

"Stop smiling using that face whose identity you have stolen."

"Aren't we just the same?"

The High Mage laugh and took of his or her disguise.

Devon coldly stared at the figure that was slowly coming into being in front of him. The High Mage who used to be a tall man shrink, his old face slowly grew youthful and becoming feminine.

"Were different. At least mine is someone who granted me his body in exchange for my help. Anyway, the original owner is already dead, not my fault. He is not losing out in any way anyway. But yours, did you have to dirty your hand to get your hands on his identity to invade the royal palace."