Arc 5.20 Mu Xin

Arc 5.20 Mu Xin

"Mu Xin, I heard that you and my cousin are getting married?"

Xi Xiao suddenly appeared in front of Mu Xin who was minding his own business. He was sitting on a café waiting for Xi Tian but the second female lead seems to have some free time to bother him.

"Yes. We're getting married this year." Mu Xin replied without even looking at her.

He was a busy man now that he is about to get married. He is preparing the dowry that Father Mu asked of him so he could let him marry his wife.

Mu Xin was busy managing his growing side company and preparing for the wedding that he no longer even have time to bully the leads. He'd rather focus on his happiness than on unnecessary people.

"Mu Xin, you should think twice about it. The Xi family is hard to deal with. They will not be happy when they heard about this. Take this as a warning from a friend." After Xi Xiao said what she came for, she left.

Xi Xiao and Xi Tian passed each other on the door, they only look at each other and walk on their own path.

"Tian, I'm here."

Mu Xin put down his phone and waved at Xi Tian who was walking towards him.

"Had you been waiting long?" Xi Tian asked a bit guilty.

Xi Tian had been a bit busy during these days and he almost had no time to go out with Mu Xin. If not for Mu Xin making time from his also busy schedule and them sleeping at the same house, they would hardly meet at all.

"It's not that long. By the way, Xi Xiao was here."

Mu Xin did not hide from Xi Tian why Xi Xiao was there to meet him. What's there to hide anyway?

Hearing what Mu Xin said, Xi Tian's face was angry.

"Don't overthink about it. What I do is none of the Xi family's concern. Xin, don't be afraid, no matter what happens I'll protect you."

Xi Tian held Mu Xin's hand trying to comfort him or maybe he is comforting himself. Seeing how much the Xi family is weighing on his mind, Mu Xin did not say more about the Xi's to worry him.

"I'm not afraid. It's just that I'm worried that you're carrying too much of a burden for the two of us."

Mu Xin put his hand above Xi Tian's hand that was holding his.

"If there is something you worry about, you can talk to me. I'm always here to listen to your problems and here to help you in any way. I don't want you to carry all of the problems alone. At least, you can try to lean on me. Alright?"

Xi Tian smiled upon hearing those words. Feeling the warmth on his hand, Xi Tian felt that he is no longer alone in this cold world

"I promise. I will not make you worry."

It's not yet been a day from when Mu Xin and Xi Tian had that conversation when Mu Xin was suddenly invited over to have a chat by the head of the Xi family.

Mu Xin felt like he was an animal in a zoo being stared at by people. Mu Xin looked at the Xi head and thought that he brought people over to intimidate him.

"Your Mu Xin right, the son of Mu Shao." Grandpa Xi looked him over.

"That's me, Mu Xin." Mu Xin answered calmly.

"You are young and came from a good family, why did you come and seduce my grandson and what will it take for you to leave him?" Grandpa Xi said directly to the point.