Arc 2.8 Zu Tian

Arc 2.8 Zu Tian

"Did you know, last night, the Emperor visited Concubine Qi and...."

"...it was wild! Even the other concubines could hear her scream in their chambers..."

"Is there finally a favored concubine? I'm jealous of the servants working under her, they will defin.."

After another show last night, what happened in the FL's courtyard spread like wildfire all over the palace. 

From the lowliest of servants to the highest concubine, Qi LianLian's name was well known.

All of the people inside the palace and even those outside the palace were wondering just what kind of sorcery did she use to make the emperor fancy her.

It was a well-known fact that the Emperor had never fancied anyone before. He had never touched his concubines, not even once.

There are some speculations regarding this, some say that the Emperor might just not be able to lift it up or he is gay.

Many rumors surrounded the Emperor, each more exaggerated than the previous one. 

But no matter how much rumors fly, rumors would only be rumors. 

Not even once were their speculation proven right.

They thought that the Emperor will live his life like a monk till the day he died and his concubines as widows because of his lifestyle of not indulging in carnal pleasures. 

But who would have thought that one day he would break free of his life as a monk?

It was said that the concubine who gained the Emperor's favor was as beautiful as a fairy, like an immortal that had descended into this mortal world. 

She was said to be so breathtaking that even the Emperor who had protected his purity for many years could not help but fall to his knees in front of her.

"Do you think it's real?"

A palace maid who was tending the plants softly asked the other palace maid about the authenticity of the rumors that had been going around for a few weeks already.

It was said that the Emperor keeps on visiting that same concubine almost every night that she became the envy and bane for the other members of the harem.

Some tried to make trouble for her but then they only ended up shooting themselves when the Emperor who was passing by saw what was happening and help his "favored" concubine while punishing those who bullied her.

After that, no one caused trouble for her, though only openly. 

They still cause trouble for her when there was no one watching.

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes when the Emperor visited Concubine Qi in her palace, she is truly lucky for gaining the Emperor's favor though she was only here in the palace for a year."

"The other concubines who had been here for almost half of their lives were still unlucky and unable to meet the Emperor even just once. Maybe, they will never meet the Emperor in their entire lives."

The two palace maids giggled thinking about those concubines who had been living their lives like a widow because the Emperor never once visited their place and was even avoiding them like they have some infectious disease.

"Shhh.. You two, you better go back to work and stop talking. Did you forget that those rumors going around the palace cannot be spoken here? If the Emperor hears, can you still keep your little life after defying a royal order?" 

A middle age woman scolded the younger palace maids when she heard them talking about the rumors in an almost loud voice.

Even though they are whispering to each other, she could hear both of them loud and clear. 

Clear enough for even the other palace maids to hear because of the deadly silence surrounding the Emperor's Palace.

She quickly scolded the two in cold sweat fearing that a certain someone would hear their conversation.

As one of the oldest palace maids there, she was given responsibilities on some things that required a mouth that won't just carelessly speak or else heads will fly.

One of the tasks that she was assigned was to take care of a certain someone, yes, it was Feng Niao.

Ever since Feng Niao arrived at the Emperor's Palace, she was one of the people who knew his existence. To be precise, his very existence to the Emperor.

She knew that Feng Niao was not just a country hostage, not anymore, he was more than that.

When did it exactly start? 

She also does not know.

What she does know is that every time the Emperor looks at him, his eyes would always be filled with gentleness and fondness that never had she once seen in the Emperor's eyes before.

She had only witnessed it every time the Emperor looks at Feng Niao.

Not only that, the Emperor did not even try to hide his fondness and pampering in front of others.

She would really be blind if she did not notice the ambiguous atmosphere between the two which the others would just turn a blind eye to.

Knowing how important Feng Niao is to the Emperor and how the other treasures the Emperor, what would happen if he knew that the Emperor spend his night with another?

Seeing them so in love, the Emperor specially ordered half warning them that no rumors shall fly in his palace, will there heads fly if they made a mistake?

"Stop running your mouths and get back to work. Also, stop talking about the rumors before heads fly off."

Sending the two palace maids, the middle age woman sighed and return to her work.

Unknowingly, what she did not know was that a certain someone was hiding behind a bush.

His hand was tightly wrapped around his mouth, eyes bulging, tears staining his cheeks as he tried to stop himself from bawling out.

Hearing no more noise coming out from the other side of the bush, he stood up and heavily drag himself to a place where his feet would take him.

He was in a daze.

His mind was flying as if he lost his soul. The tears had long dried up on his face and his eyes no longer dropping tears.

Maybe because his heart was already cold.

"General Feng?"

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

UPDATEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!